Brazilian Amazon Vacation Package – Amazon Boat and Jungle Lodge
The two of the best places to see some of the Amazon incredible wildlife are at the Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge and the Uakari Lodge. Experience the Brazilian Amazon with this 7 Nights Personalized Vacation Package with Private Tours and Transfers
Brazilian Amazon Vacation Package – Amazon Boat and Jungle Lodge
Remember these are Sample Amazon Vacation Packages, Tours and Vacations we have created for Customers in the past. Contact us so we can create Your Amazon Personalized Vacation Package Today.
You will be able to experience the Amazon by land and by water. 1 night at the Tropical Manaus Hotel, 3 nights aboard the Alyson Amazon River boat and 4 nights at the Uakari Jungle Lodge, all meals, tours and transportation.
This Amazon Cruise and Lodge Package departs on fixed dates. The maximum group size is 16 passengers and the minimum group size is 8 passengers based on double occupancy or 5 passengers based on single occupancy. Please see below the fixed departure dates.
The legendary Amazon is one of the planets enigmas. It is the world’s largest river basin, and also the planets greatest rainforest. Within the Amazon Basin resides a wealth of life richer than any place else on earth, and millions of species still remain undiscovered.
- Transfers and tours in private vehicles with English-speaking guide. Due to the nature of some tours the vehicles might not be air-conditioned.
- Easy to moderate. The Amazonat Jungle Lodge nor Uakari Lodge permit children under 10 yrs. Tropical weather and direct sunlight demands sun protection and plenty of fluids.
- Minimum group size of 8 passengers based on double occupancy.
- English-speaking guides will help you better understand and enjoy your Amazon experience.
Day by Day Itinerary
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Day 1 – Manaus and Amazon Cruise
Arrival at airport of Manaus with transfer to your hotel, 15 minutes away. Check in. Breakfast Check out of the hotel, followed with visit to Manaus centre to see the local market located near Negro river. Walk around Opera building (on Sunday closed but with flea market instead). Lunch at original churrascaria restaurant downtown. Transfer to regional boat with check in. Departure boat, sailing upstream Rio Negro. Stop at one of the many white beaches for a swim and sunset motorized canoe trip. Happy hour followed with dinner. Rest of evening free. (Boat will sail for additional 4 hours to the Anavilhanas archipelago.)
Day 2 – Amazon Cruise
Early morning bird watching tour in the largest fresh water archipelago in the world in motorized canoes. After Breakfast the boat will tour the archipelago. Dinner with downstream Rio Negro river trip with arrival in Ponta Negra beach later in afternoon. Happy Hour followed with dinner. Visit to the boulevard of Ponta Negra (transfer by means of canoes). Walk on this boulevard with chance to see folklore show and drink local caipirinhas. Return to houseboat.
Day 3 – Manaus
Start downstream tour /breakfast. The skyline of Manaus can be seen with the Floating Pier, Mercado, and Opera Building in the distance. Later in the morning, you will see the ‘ Meeting of the Waters ‘, the place where in Brazil the Amazon River is born. A short upstream trip of the Solimoes river will be made prior to the continuation of the downstream Amazon river trip. Arrival small typical Amazon community named ‘Engenho’. The houseboat will anchor nearby. Fishing for the famous black piranha and big catfish, later followed with alligator spotting. Happy Hour with dinner. Opportunity to meet local people at floating market later that evening.
Day 4 – Uakari Jungle Lodge
(The itinerary lists details for the Uakari Lodge, however, we can adapt it for whichever of our pre-selected lodges you desire.) After breakfast, board motorized canoes for bird watching trip. This region is known to be very rich in bird species. Encounter the legendary pink dolphin and its little grey dolphin cousins. The largest water lily in the world, known as the Vitoria Regia, can be seen in this region by the hundreds. Visit a local family in this small community known for growing sugar cane and pineapples. Lunch and check out of the houseboat. Transfer to Tefé, then boat transfer to Uakari Jungle Lodge. Dinner, rest of evening free.
Day 5 – Uakari Jungle Lodge
Breakfast. Jungle trek with total duration of 3 to 4 hours. Tour will show the visitor the forest of the lodge with all its diversity of medicinal plants, trees with special characteristics, and the jungle population. The guides will demonstrate navigation and survival techniques. During the trip one of two basic survival camps will be visited, where the guest can decide to return later that afternoon for an overnight experience. Lunch Piranha fishing. Dinner for guests not visiting jungle camp.
Day 6 – Uakari Jungle Lodge
Breakfast Nature hike. Lunch Pink dolphin spotting and sunset picnic. Dinner
Day 7 – Uakari Jungle Lodge
Breakfast. Visit to local community. Lunch. Visit to Mamirauá Research Institute. Dinner.
Day 8 – Manaus
Breakfast. Check out and departure Transfer to Tefé and then airport of Manaus.
Contact us for a Custom Amazon Vacation Package created just for you.
Amazon Jungle Lodge Options
- 5 star – There are no 5 Star Jungle Lodge Options in the Brazilian Amazon
- 4 star – Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Tariri Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Uakari Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Juma Amazon Jungle Lodge
Amazon Jungle Cruise Options
- 4 star – Iberostar Grand Amazon Cruise Ship
- 3 star – Amazon Clipper Cruise Premium
Manaus Hotel Options
- 5 star – Tropical Manaus EcoResort (unfortunately this hotel has closed indefinitely)
- 5 star – Hotel Villa Amazônia
- 4 star – Blue Tree Premium Manaus
Amazon Jungle Lodge Tour Options
(tours may vary according to your lodge and season)
- Upon arrival your guide will explain all the many tour options offered at your Jungle Lodge
- Jungle night trek looking for giant spiders and fluorescent fungus
- Jungle treks to see flora and fauna with demonstrations of survival techniques
- Full day Forest Trip with emphasis on wildlife
- Full Day Amazon River Trip to view the meeting of the waters – Amazon River and the Rio Negro
- Fishing trip & Pink Dolphin sighting, bird watching and alligator spotting
- Walking trails through the flooded forest (during the rainy season – boat trips)
- Native Indian Harpoon fishing techniques
- Trip to Igapos (flooded jungle) and Igarapes (streams) in motorized canoe for fishing and to see a variety of wildlife
- Paddling trips in dugout canoes to see birdlife and fauna
- Trip to visit a local river in a Caboclo village
- Visit to local Research Institute
- Jungle night trek looking for nocturnal animals and insects
- Canoeing the Rio Negro riverbanks
- Nocturnal sightseeing at Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Tour on Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Hiking the mainland jungle
- Recreational Piranha Fishing
- Sunrise contemplation
- Camping overnight in the jungle to experience the Amazon by night
- Fishing and survival trips, such as learning how to make your own blow gun
Amazon Boat Tour Options
- Sailing upstream the Amazon River and to the Anavilhanas archipelago
- Meeting of the Waters’ – where the Amazon and Rio Negro Rivers meet
- Trip in motorized canoe to see a variety of wildlife and bird watching
- Visit to the boulevard of Ponta Negra and folkloric show
- Visit to small typical Amazon communities
- Famous black piranha Fishing and alligator spotting