Brazil Custom Group Vacation Package – Rio de Janeiro, Buzios, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Noronha and Amazon (21 Nights)
With this Custom Brazil Group Vacation Package you will visit 4 of the most exciting and sought after destinations in Brazil: 2 Nights in Rio de Janeiro, 3 Nights in Buzios, the magical and exotic state of Bahia, with 2 Nights in Salvador, 3 Nights in Priai do Forte, 4 Nights in the island paradise of Fernando de Noronha and 7 Nights in the legendary Amazon (3 Nights at the Anavilhanas Lodge and 4 Nights at the Uakari Lodge). This is a complete 21 Night Brazil Sampler Vacation Package and Tour. This is a Sample Custom Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Noronha and Amazon Vacation Package we have created for Groups in the past. Please contact us so we can help you with yours.
Custom Brazil Vacation Package for Groups – Rio de Janeiro, Buzios, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Fernando de Noronha and Amazon
Brazilians say that God created the world in six days and, on the seventh, he created Rio. This Marvelous City’, with its stunning Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf), the impressive Corcovado (the statue of Christ) white sand beaches and green, granite based mountains, must be the most beautiful and exciting city in the world. Buzios, once a tranquil fishing village, is home to some of Brazil’s most stunning beaches, exotic boutiques, hip restaurants and bars, and unique architecture, which explains why Brigitte Bardot frequented this destination in the 1960’s and spread the fame of Buzios across the globe.
Salvador, known for its history, culture and beauty and Praia do Forte, a quaint fisherman village, known for its beaches, restaurants and artisan shops will give you a glimpse of what the state of Bahia has to offer in terms of rich history, culture and unexplored nature.
With crystalline waters and an exuberance of stunning tropical marine life, as well as wonderfully preserved beaches and virtually no pollution, Fernando de Noronha is a paradise for divers, surfers, nature lovers, and anyone wanting to escape to a tropical island. This beautiful and peaceful island is part of a volcanic archipelago of 21 islands which lie 345km (220 miles) off the northeast coast of Brazil.
The Amazon has a wealth of life richer than any place else on earth and two of the best places to see some of this incredible wildlife are at the Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge and the Uacari Lodge.
The Anavilhanas Lodge, built with great sensitivity to the landscape and concern for the preservation of the environment, offers walking trails, bird watching tours, boat tours, jungle night treks and survival tours. This Lodge is a truly unique place, situated only one and a half hours drive from Manaus.
Uakari Lodge, situated near the small city of Tefe (1.5 hours SSW by commercial plane from Manaus), is strategically located off a tributary of the Solimoes River making it an ideal place to observe the abundance of wildlife such as birds, monkeys, caiman, dolphins, fish and much more. Its 5 floating cabins guarantee close contact with nature at all times.
- All transfers and tours in private air-conditioned vehicles with your private English-speaking guide. Due to the nature of some tours vehicles might not be air conditioned.
- Easy to moderate. The nature tours have a moderate adventure rating, requiring some paddling and 4-Wheeler driving.The lodges in the Amazon do not permit children under the age of 10.Tropical weather and direct sunlight demands sun protection and plenty.
- Any group size.
- Your private English-speaking guides will help you better understand and enjoy your Brazilian experience.
Day by Day Itinerary
This is a Sample Rio de Janeiro, Buzios, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Noronha and Amazon Travel Itinerary that we have created for customers in the past.
Day 1 – Rio de Janeiro City
You will arrive in Rio de Janeiro and be met at the airport by a private driver who will take you to your Hotel. After checking in, you may want to relax and have some lunch. We suggest lunch at Porcão, a Brazilian barbecue buffet restaurant. In the afternoon you might like to take a wander around Copacabana and visit the famous beaches near your hotel.
Day 2 – Rio de Janeiro City
Today you will be taken by air-conditioned Land Rover on a city tour to visit some of the most famous sites of Rio. Driving on the scenic Castorina Road towards the Corcovado (the Christ statue) you will stop to see the Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) and the Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) before entering the Tijuca National Park. In the park you will visit the principal hotspots: the Taunay Waterfall, the Mayrink Chapel and not to mention the view of the beautiful flora and fauna of the forest and the sounds of the Atlantic Forest birds. Still driving through tranquil scenic roads in the Tijuca National Park, the tour will take you across the top of the mountain in the direction of Corcovado. After experiencing the panoramic 360º views from the top of the Corcovado, your next stop will be the neighborhood of Santa Tereza, a historical district of old Rio, where artisans and artists live and work. You will be able to visit authentic local artisan stores and have lunch in one of the local restaurants, where you will experience the flavors of Brazilian cuisine. After lunch you will visit the Chacara do Céu Museum, a special place where nature, panoramic views of the Guanabara Bay and art are in total harmony with the landscape. Ending your tour at the Sugar Loaf, where you will be able to watch the magnificent sunset over the city and the bay, you will no doubt have fallen in love with this enchanted city. We suggest dinner at Da Brambini (Italian seafood) in Praia do Leme. If you happen to be in Rio on a Sunday the hippie fair (open-air handcrafts market) at Praça Gen Osório in Ipanema is worth a visit. There is an evening dinner show (Samba show and dinner) also available. Please let us know if you would like us to book this for you.
Day 3 – Buzios
On your last day in the city of Rio de Janeiro you will check out of your Hotel after breakfast, after which you will be driven in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to your hotel in Buzios, (approximately a 3 hour trip) After checking in at your pousada your driver will take you on a tour of the beaches and you will discover how each beach has its own charm and why Buzios is so famous for its beautiful beaches. Praia do Canto, Praia da Armação dos Ossos and the lovely and intimate Azeda and Azedinha are the beaches which are closest to the “downtown” area, where the shops and restaurants are located. These beaches became famous worldwide because they are the beaches that Brigitte Bardot fell in love with when visiting the city in 1964, then a fishermen village. Driving along the peninsula is Praia de João Fernandes, and on the other side are the more secluded beaches of Forno, Brava and Ferradura. The longest beach is Geribá and one of the trendiest among the young crowd and surfers, with lots of cool kiosks that offer cold beverages and snacks. Tartaruga Beach is our last stop, which is where sea turtles lay their eggs, and is more protected from the strong winds. On your return to the pousada you may want to relax before having dinner. We suggest dinner at Satiricon (seafood).
Day 4 – Buzios
Today is free to relax and enjoy Buzios. You may want to visit one or more of your favorite beaches which you discovered yesterday, and perhaps take a walk around the village and visit the local boutiques and restaurants. Tonight our dinner suggestion is at the Italian pizzeria, Capricciosa.
Day 5 – Buzios
On the fifth day of your trip we suggest snorkeling in Tartaruga Small Bay. The bay is well known for its tranquil and turquoise waters and is the best snorkeling point on the Buzios coast. You are guaranteed to see a plethora of colorful fish and most probably some sea turtles.
Day 6 – Salvador
On the morning of your last day in Buzios a tour of Arraial do Cabo and Prainha Beach awaits you. This tour will be taken on your way back to Rio as it is en route. You will check out of your hotel and say goodbye to Buzios. Your driver will collect you and take you on your final tour. Every year Prainha Beach in Arraial do Cabo makes the top ten lists of the best beach destinations in Brazil. It lies in front of a channel that is surrounded by sand banks, turquoise water and beautiful white sand dunes, making it a favorite sailing and scuba-diving point. Just across from the beach is the small island of Cabo Frio, a Nature Reserve, that makes this place even more magical and appealing. Arraial do Cabo was a fisherman village that has evolved into a small city renowned for its fresh fish and pristine beaches. The tour will take no more than 2 hours. After the tour your driver will take you to the airport in Rio for your flight to Salvador. At the Salvador airport you will be met by one of our guides and driven to your hotel, where you will check in.
Day 7 – Salvador
Today you will begin your journey through Salvador visiting the Pelourinho, the historical district of the city, followed by a delicious Bahian lunch. Then you will visit the Mercado Modelo in Cidade Baixa. The Mercado Modelo is a handcraft market that used to be the merchandise and slave-trading outpost of the city. Here you can buy many handicrafts and local products. Make sure you visit the catacombs below the market where the slaves were kept prior to sale.
Day 8 – Praia do Forte
Today you will check out of your hotel and be transported by a private vehicle to Praia do Forte. The trip takes roughly an hour and when you arrive you will check into your hotel in Praia do Forte. We suggest having lunch at ‘Bar do Souza’; try their delicious and famous ‘bolinhos de peixe’ (Bahian-style fish cakes) and/or a fish or shrimp moqueca (Bahian stew). After lunch we suggest you visit the TAMAR PROJECT (turtle NGO) Visitor Center and then on to Papa Gente’s Natural Pools for snorkeling (times may vary due to the tide). It is now getting dark and you have worked up a hardy appetite so, we suggest having dinner at one of the many restaurants on main street.
Day 9 – Praia do Forte
Today you will be taking an 8-hour nature tour. Begin by exploring the region of Sauipe, where you will take a 4-Wheeler Tour (1 adult per 4-wheeler) through Atlantic forest vegetation and along rivers. During the ride, there will be a stop at the Sauípe River for a swim and to go down the rapids on inner tubes. The 4-Wheeler Tour will be followed by lunch at the fisherman village of Diogo. Then you will take a canoe trip down the pristine river of Imbassai surrounded by snow-white dunes. You will explore nature in this unspoiled part of the world. Back at Praia do Forte; we suggest you have dinner in town followed by a stroll around the main street of the village and visit the shops and cafes.
Day 10 – Praia do Forte
Today you may choose between one of 3 tours: Horseback riding, Sauipe River Catamaran or Sauipe Adventure Expedition. 3.5-hour horseback ride will begin by taking you through a lake, then along sand dunes, followed by a trail through tropical forest to the Castelo Garcia D’Avila and finally winding down and along the beach back to the village. 7 km Catamaran ride to the mouth of the River Sauipe, passing through beautiful areas of coastal rainforest vegetation and mangroves. A specialist guide will tell you about the various ecosystems and you will have the opportunity to swim and do a bit of bird watching. The Sauipe Expedition will take you on a hike through local wetland vegetation to the banks of the River Sauipe, where you will board native wooden canoes and row to the mouth of the river, with the help of a specialist guide. You will have a chance to enjoy a refreshing dip in the river or sea, before returning to your pousada in a 4×4 vehicle. The afternoon is free to relax and enjoy Praia do Forte. You may want to take this opportunity to visit the Castelo Garcia D’Avila, the impressive ruins of a castle belonging to the first land-owning farmer in Brazil.
Day 11 – Fernando de Noronha
After breakfast you will check out of your hotel and be driven to the airport in Salvador. From here you need to take a plane to Recife (1 hour) and then to Fernando de Noronha (1 hour), where and English-speaking guide will meet you inside the Island tax paying area and then take you to your hotel. You will then be taken by your guide in your rented buggy on the island tour. This tour will show you the entire island, so that you can better explore your favorite sites the following days of your trip. We suggest you have dinner at a seafood restaurant near the port. After dinner, you will no doubt want to relax and prepare for day 2 of your Fernando de Noronha experience.
Day 12 – Fernando de Noronha
On your second day on the island you will follow the Sancho Trekking Trail to see the dolphins returning to their resting bay in the morning. Then, in the afternoon you will be taken on a boat ride which covers the inner sea of the island. There is good chance of seeing the island’s famous Spinner Dolphin as they depart their bay on their way to high sea for feeding. We recommend dinner around town.
Day 13 – Fernando de Noronha
Today you will do the Acquasub tour in the morning. This is a snorkeling activity where you are slowly pulled behind a boat with other Snorkelers. It is designed to allow you to snorkel covering longer distances. It is an activity you must experience. The afternoon is free for you to relax and do what you want. Tonight why not try dinner at Pousada Zé Maria. It is famous for its delicious dishes designed by a Cordon Bleu chef.
Day 14 – Fernando de Noronha
A 3-hour horseback ride awaits you this morning. You will be given a choice of a variety of trails, depending on your preference and your experience. The trails are either through mountains or along beaches. The afternoon is free. You might want to relax at your hotel, on the beach or go back and visit one of your favorite spots on the island in the rented buggy.
Day 15 – Amazon Lodge – Anavilhanas Lodge
On your last day on this beautiful island paradise you will go snorkeling with sea turtles at Sueste Beach. The tidal pools are clear turquoise blue and full of marine life. This is one of the few places where a colony of white sea urchins can be seen (the colony is located on the right side of the bay by the remains of the old port). We suggest you lunch at your pousada today, because shortly afterwards you will be picked up and taken to the airport. From Fernando de Noronha you will fly to Manaus, where you will be met by a representative of your Amazon Jungle Lodge at the airport and be taken to the lodge. After checking in at the lodge you will have dinner and be taken on a jungle night trek to see giant spiders and fluorescent fungus.
Day 16 – Amazon Lodge – Anavilhanas Lodge
Today’s tour after breakfast is a jungle trek with emphasis on eco system by showing diversity of trees and plants. After lunch you will departure to one of survival camps where night will be spend and from where nocturnal trek is organized.
Day 17 – Amazon Lodge – Anavilhanas Lodge
After a delicious breakfast you will be taken on a full day Amazon River trip on canoe is boarded and you will visit the highlights that this region has to offer. Giant waterlilies, dolphin spotting for the gray and pink dolphins, bird watching, fishing on piranha and catfish completed with alligator spotting in the early evening. You will return to the lodge around 8.30 p.m.
Day 18 – Amazon Lodge – Uakari Lodge
After checking out of your Amazon Jungle Lodge you will be driven to the Manaus airport early in the morning to catch a flight to Tefe. At the airport in Tefe you will be met by one of the representatives from the Uakari Lodge and taken to the dock area and then in a speed boat to the Lodge. The boat journey lasts about one and a half hours. You will arrive at the Lodge just before lunch and will be given an orientation by the Uakari Lodge manager. After lunch at the Lodge you will have some time to relax and settle in before going on a tour in the afternoon. The tour will be either a walking trail to see wildlife in the flooded forest, or a canoe trip through the small tributaries to see wildlife along the banks of the rivers.
Day 19 – Amazon Lodge – Uakari Lodge
You need to wake up early at around 6.30am to have breakfast at 7am. Your morning tour will set off at roughly 7.30am. This is the best time to see animals and also the temperature is cooler and th…
Day 20 – Amazon Lodge – Uakari Lodge
You need to wake up early at around 6.30am to have breakfast at 7am. Your morning tour will set off at roughly 7.30am. This is the best time to see animals and also the temperature is cooler and therefore more amenable to do jungle tours. You will come back for lunch and then have a couple of hours after lunch to rest and prepare for the afternoon tour. There is a book and video library which you may use at liberty. The afternoon tour departs at roughly 3pm and returns at about 6pm. Supper is served in the main dining room and occasionally the researchers from the Mamiraua Institute will join. One of the evenings during your stay at the Lodge you will be shown a presentation of the flooded forest after dinner. During these 3 days the tours will be a variety of the following:Lake Mamiraua Trip – by motorized canoe to a beautiful lake inside the Reserve, where you will have an opportunity to see a plethora of birds, monkeys, pink dolphins, black caiman and perhaps the pirarucu fish. You will stay at the Lake until sunset and on your way back you will spot nocturnal fauna. During this night spotting you will be able to see various sized Caymans and if you are lucky small fish attracted by the lights will jump into the boat by the hundreds. Daily walks along one of the jungle trails in the company of experienced guides, to see capuchin monkeys, howlers, uakaris, squirrel monkeys, three toed sloths and hoatzin birds among many other species. Traditional native Indian harpoon fishing where, depending on how dedicated you are, you can expect to catch a variety of fish. Trip to visit a local riverine Caboclo” village in order to interact and get to know the Amazonian population and way of life. Paddling trips in dugout canoes where you will see a rich variety of birdlife and fauna.
Day 21 – Amazon Lodge – Uakari Lodge
Today you can choose any of the tours mentioned above on Day 20.
Day 22 – Manaus
On your last day in this beautiful paradise you will you will be picked up and taken to the airport for your trip back home. We are certain that you will have enjoyed your trip and we look forward to seeing you again in Brazil.
Contact us for a Custom Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Noronha and Amazon Vacation Package created just for you.
Rio de Janeiro Hotel Options
- 5 star – Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel
- 5 star – Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro
- 5 star – Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel
- 4 star – Porto Bay International
- 4 star – Arena Copacabana
- 4 star – Caesar Park Hotel
- 4 star – Sheraton Hotel
- 3 star – Augusto’s Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Acapulco Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Windsor Asturias Hotel
Buzios Hotel Options
- 5 star – Pousada Casas Brancas
- 4 star – Pousada Byblos
- 4 star – Pousada dos Buzios
- 3 star – Pousada Abracadabra
- 3 star – Atlantico Buzios Hotel
Salvador Hotel Options
- 5 star – Aram Yami Hotel
- 5 star – Fera Palace Hotel
- 5 star – Deville Prime Salvador
- 4 star – Sheraton da Bahia Hotel
- 4 star – Villa Bahia Hotel
- 4 star – Gran Hotel Stella Maris Resort
- 4 star – Hotel Casa do Amarelindo
- 3 star – Bahia Cafe Hotel
- 3 star – Pousada do Pilar
Praia do Forte Hotel Options
- 5 star – Tivoli Praia do Forte Eco Resort
- 5 star – Iberostar Bahia Hotel Praia do Forte
- 4 star – Via dos Corais
- 4 star – Sobrado do Vila
- 3 star – Pousada Porto da Lua
- 3 star – Porto Zarpa Hotel
Fernando de Noronha Hotel Options
- 5 star – Pousada Maravilha
- 5 star – Pousada Ze Maria
- 4 star – Pousada Solar Dos Ventos
- 4 star – Pousada Solar de Loronha
- 3 star – Pedras Seca Hotel
- 3 star – Pousada Estrela do Mar
Amazon Jungle Lodge Options
- 5 star – There are no 5 Star Jungle Lodge Options in the Brazilian Amazon
- 4 star – Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Tariri Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Uakari Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Juma Amazon Jungle Lodge
Manaus Hotel Options
- 5 star – Tropical Manaus EcoResort (unfortunately this hotel closed indefinitely)
- 5 star – Hotel Villa Amazônia
- 4 star – Blue Tree Premium Manaus
Rio de Janeiro Tour Options
- Corcovado (the Christ statue) and Tijuca Forest Jeep Half Day Tour, including Cosme Velho Station, Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) and Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) with stops at the São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Sunset at the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Day tour of the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Hot Spots Tour including Santa Teresa and Chacara do Céu Museum
- Day tour of Rio beaches
- Sugarloaf Tour with panoramic view of Copacabana, Ipanema, and stops for photos
- Half Day Tour of Guanabara Bay in a fishing boat – begins at the Marina da Gloria with stops at Flamengo and Boa Viagem beaches, Contemporary Art Museum and Cobra Island
- Day tour of Arraial do Cabo and Prainha Beach
- 4 Wonders Tour of Rio with lunch – Sugar Loaf, Christ Statue, Botanical Gardens and Tijuca Forest including Cosme Velho station, São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Full Day Tour Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande with Buffet Lunch, fishing boat tour, swimming in the Blue Lagoon, Santana Church and Ponta da Piedade beach
- Imperial Tour of Petrópolis – Serra dos Órgãos National Park, Imperial Museum, São Pedro de Alcântara cathedral, Santos Dumont museum and walk through Tereza street
- Buzios Day Tour with Lunch – fishing boat tour with stops at João Fernandes, Ilha Feira and Tartaruga beaches and walk through the famous Pedras Street
Buzios Tours Options
- Day tour of the beaches
- Boat tour of the peninsula and beaches
Salvador Tour Options
- Full Day Salvador City Tour featuring Pelourinho, the Mercado Modelo (handcraft market) and other historical sites. This tour includes a typical Bahian lunch
- Folkloric Dinner Show at UNESCO World Heritage seafront Solar da Uniao Fort
- Afro-Brazilian Culture, Capoeira and Berimbau Classes
- Bahia Folkloric Ballet Show with or without dinner
Praia do Forte Tour Options
(these tours can be done as day tours from Salvador)
- 4-Wheeler tour through Atlantic Forest with a river stop
- Canoe trip down the pristine Imbassai River
- Typical Bahian lunch at fisherman village Diogo
- Horseback riding tours
- Sauipe River Catamaran tour
- Sauipe Adventure Expedition
Fernando de Noronha Tour Options
- Buggy rentals (most automobiles on the island are sand buggies)
- Scuba diving for certified divers and beginners
- Trekking trail to Sancho bay to Dolphins viewpoint
- Spinner Dolphin Boat tour
- Horseback ride choice of along beaches or through mountains
- Island Jeep tour
- Acqua sub – snorkeling tour while being pulled behind a boat
- Snorkeling with sea turtles
Amazon Jungle Lodge Tour Options
(tours may vary according to your lodge and season)
- Upon arrival your guide will explain all the many tour options offered at your Jungle Lodge
- Jungle night trek looking for giant spiders and fluorescent fungus
- Jungle treks to see flora and fauna with demonstrations of survival techniques
- Full day Forest Trip with emphasis on wildlife
- Full Day Amazon River Trip to view the meeting of the waters – Amazon River and the Rio Negro
- Fishing trip & Pink Dolphin sighting, bird watching and alligator spotting
- Walking trails through the flooded forest (during the rainy season – boat trips)
- Native Indian Harpoon fishing techniques
- Trip to Igapos (flooded jungle) and Igarapes (streams) in motorized canoe for fishing and to see a variety of wildlife
- Paddling trips in dugout canoes to see birdlife and fauna
- Trip to visit a local river in a Caboclo village
- Visit to local Research Institute
- Jungle night trek looking for nocturnal animals and insects
- Canoeing the Rio Negro riverbanks
- Nocturnal sightseeing at Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Tour on Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Hiking the mainland jungle
- Recreational Piranha Fishing
- Sunrise contemplation
- Camping overnight in the jungle to experience the Amazon by night
- Fishing and survival trips, such as learning how to make your own blow gun