Brazil Custom Group Travel Package – Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Praia do Forte (7 Nights)
This 7 Night Brazil Vacation Package includes 2 Nights in Rio de Janeiro, 2 Nights in Salvador and 3 Nights in Praia do Forte. This is a Sample Custom Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Praia do Forte Vacation Package we have created for Groups in the past. Please contact our Brazil Travel Agents so we can help you with yours.
We focus on Groups of 8 or more Travelers.
Brazil Custom Group Travel Package – Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Praia do Forte (7 Nights)
Brazil Custom Group Travel Package – Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Praia do Forte
This package will give you the opportunity to see 3 top Brazilian beach destinations: Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Praia do Forte.
Rio de Janeiro is the first stop, where you will get to experience the city’s relaxed atmosphere by walking around its beautiful beaches or sipping some coconut water under a tree. Be amazed by the stunning views at the top of the Christ the Redeemer and wonder around the streets of old Rio city.
Salvador is the next stop, where you will be able to try the delicious Afro-Bahian dishes made with coconut milk and palm oil as well as experience the Bahian music and culture, so rich and full of life. Salvador was the first capital of Brazil and holds so much history in its narrow winding streets that hide more churches than days of the year.
Praia do Forte is a fishermen’s village located about 1 hour north of Salvador. It is a nice quaint little village that has grown and become more chic, but still preserves its identity. The beach is so beautiful and the natural pools just about 10 minutes walk from the church are just the best place to relax and see colorful fish. Praia do Forte also has an office of Projeto Tamar, a project for the preservation of marine turtles.
- All transfers and tours in private air-conditioned vehicles with your private English speaking expert guide.
- Easy to moderate. The nature tours have a moderate adventure rating, requiring some paddling and 4-Wheeler driving. All ages are welcome. Tropical weather and direct sunlight demands sun protection and plenty of fluids.
- Any group size.
- Your private English-speaking guides will help you better understand and enjoy your Brazilian experience.
This is a Sample Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Praia do Forte Travel Itinerary that we have created for customers in the past.
Day by Day Itinerary
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Day 1 – Rio de Janeiro City
You will arrive in Rio de Janeiro and be met at the airport by a private driver who will take you to your hotel. After checking in, you may want to relax and have some lunch. We suggest lunch at Porcão, a Brazilian barbecue buffet restaurant. In the afternoon you might like to explore around Copacabana and visit the famous beaches near your hotel.
Day 2 – Rio de Janeiro City
Today you will be taken on a city tour in your own private air-conditioned Land Rover to visit some of the most famous sites of Rio. Driving on the scenic Castorina Road towards the Corcovado, (the Christ statue) you will stop to see the Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) and the Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) before entering the Tijuca National Park. In the park you will visit the principal hotspots: the Taunay Waterfall, the Mayrink Chapel, not to mention the view of the beautiful flora and fauna of the forest and the sounds of the Atlantic Forest birds. Still driving through tranquil scenic roads in the Tijuca National Park, the tour will take you across the top of the mountain in the direction of Corcovado. After experiencing the panoramic 360º views from the top of the Corcovado, you next stop will be the neighborhood of Santa Tereza, a historical district of old Rio, where artisans and artists live and work. You will be able to visit authentic local artisan stores and have lunch in one of the local restaurants, where you will experience the flavors of Brazilian cuisine. After lunch you will visit the Chacara do Céu Museum, a special place where nature, panoramic views of the Guanabara Bay, and art are in total harmony with the landscape. Your tour will end a Sugar Loaf, where you will be able to watch the magnificent sunset over the city and the bay.
Day 3 – Salvador
On your final day in Rio, you must check out of your hotel around 10:30 a.m. and say goodbye to this marvelous city,’ then be driven in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to the airport. The flight to Salvador leaves around 13:00 and arrives at around 15:00. At the Salvador airport you will be met by one of our guides and driven to your hotel. After checking in, a complementary stress release massage at your hotel will totally relax you and let you unwind in preparation for the evening’s entertainment. You will experience Bahia by night, having dinner at the Solar da União, which is also the venue of the Museum of Modern Art of Bahia, where you can enjoy Brazilian food and drinks and a folkloric show. This show features an excellent presentation on capoeira, samba, ancient slave dances, and even a sample of candomblé, a religious rite typical in this region.
Day 4 – Salvador
Today you will begin your journey through Salvador visiting Pelourinho, the historical district of the city, followed by a delicious Bahian lunch. Then you will visit the Mercado Modelo in Cidade Baixa. The Mercado Modelo is a handicraft market that used to be the merchandise and slave-trading outpost of the city. Here you can buy many handicrafts and local products. Make sure you visit the dungeon below the market where the slaves were kept prior to sale.
Day 5 – Praia do Forte
On the last day of your trip you will check out of your hotel and be transported by a private vehicle to Praia do Forte. The journey takes roughly an hour and when you arrive you will check into your hotel. We suggest having lunch at ‘Bar do Souza’; try their delicious and famous ‘bolinhos de peixe’ (Bahian-style fish cakes) and/or a fish or shrimp moqueca (Bahian stew). After lunch we suggest you visit the TAMAR PROJECT (turtle NGO) Visitor Center and then on to Papa Gente’s Natural Pools for snorkeling (times may vary due to the tide).
Day 6 – Praia do Forte
Today you will be taking an 8-hour nature tour. Begin by exploring the region of Sauipe, where you will take a 4-Wheeler Tour (1 adult per 4-wheeler) through Atlantic rain forest vegetation and along rivers. During the ride, there will be a stop at the Sauipe River for a swim and to go down the rapids on inner tubes. The 4-Wheeler Tour will be followed by lunch at the fishing village of Diogo. Then you will take a canoe trip down the pristine Imbassai river which is surrounded by snow-white dunes. Back at Praia do Forte; we suggest you have dinner followed by a stroll around the main street of the village and visit the shops and cafes.
Day7 – Praia do Forte
Today you may choose between one of 3 tours: Horseback riding, Sauipe River Catamaran or Sauipe Adventure Expedition. 3.5-hour horseback ride will begin by taking you through a lake, then along sand dunes, followed by a trail through tropical forest to the Castelo Garcia D’Avila, and finally winding down and along the beach back to the village. 7 km Catamaran ride to the mouth of the River Sauipe, passing through beautiful areas of coastal rain forest vegetation and mangroves. A specialist guide will tell you about the various ecosystems and you will have the opportunity to swim and do a bit of bird watching. The Sauipe Expedition will take you on a hike through local wetland vegetation to the banks of the River Sauipe, where you will board native wooden canoes and row to the mouth of the river, with the help of a specialist guide. You will have a chance to enjoy a refreshing dip in the river or sea, before returning to your pousada in a 4×4 vehicle. The afternoon is free to relax and enjoy Praia do Forte. You may want to take this opportunity to visit the Castelo Garcia D’Avila, the impressive ruins of a castle belonging to the first land-owning farmer in Brazil.
Day 8 – Praia do Forte
On your last day in Praia do Forte, we suggest you take the morning to relax by the pool or on the beach and maybe do some last-minute shopping in the village for presents to take back home. After lunch you will check out of your hotel and say goodbye to Praia do Forte, then be driven in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to the airport in Salvador.
Contact us for a Custom Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Praia do Forte Vacation Package created just for you.
- 5 star – Deville Prime Salvador
- 5 star – Fera Palace Hotel
- 4 star – Golden Tulip Rio Vermelho
- 4 star – Hotel Fasano Salvador
- 4 star – Pestana Convento do Carmo
- 4 star – Vila Gale Salvador
- 3 star – Ibis Salvador Hotel
Praia do Forte Hotel Options
Rio de Janeiro Hotel Options
- 5 star – Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel
- 5 star – Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro
- 5 star – Hotel JW Marriott
- 5 star – Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel
- 5 star – Hotel Sofitel
- 4 star – Caesar Park Hotel
- 4 star – Ipanema Plaza Hotel
- 4 star – Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel
- 4 star – Porto Bay International
- 4 star – Windsor California
Rio de Janeiro Tour Options
- Corcovado (the Christ statue) and Tijuca Forest Jeep Half Day Tour, including Cosme Velho Station, Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) and Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) with stops at the São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Sunset at the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Day tour of the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Hot Spots Tour including Santa Teresa and Chacara do Céu Museum
- Day tour of Rio beaches
- Sugarloaf Tour with panoramic view of Copacabana, Ipanema, and stops for photos
- Half Day Tour of Guanabara Bay in a fishing boat – begins at the Marina da Glooria with stops at Flamengo and Boa Viagem beaches, Contemporary Art Museum and Cobra Island
- Day tour of Arraial do Cabo and Prainha Beach
- 4 Wonders Tour of Rio with lunch – Sugar Loaf, Christ Statue, Botanical Gardens and Tijuca Forest including Cosme Velho station, São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Full Day Tour Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande with Buffet Lunch, fishing boat tour, swimming in the Blue Lagoon, Santana Church and Ponta da Piedade beach
- Imperial Tour of Petrópolis – Serra dos Órgãos National Park, Imperial Museum, São Pedro de Alcântara cathedral, Santos Dumont museum and walk through Tereza street
- Buzios Day Tour with Lunch – fishing boat tour with stops at João Fernandes, Ilha Feira and Tartaruga beaches and walk through the famous Pedras Street
Salvador Tour Options
- Full Day Salvador City Tour featuring Pelourinho, the Mercado Modelo (handcraft market) and other historical sites. This tour includes a typical Bahian lunch
- Folkloric Dinner Show at UNESCO World Heritage seafront Solar da Uniao Fort
- Afro-Brazilian Culture, Capoeira and Berimbau Classes
- Bahia Folkloric Ballet Show with or without dinner
Praia do Forte Tour Options
(these tours can be done as day tours from Salvador)
- 4-Wheeler tour through Atlantic Forest with a river stop
- Canoe trip down the pristine Imbassai River
- Typical Bahian lunch at fisherman village Diogo
- Horseback riding tours
- Sauipe River Catamaran tour
- Sauipe Adventure Expedition