Travel to Jalapão, Tocantins, Brazil and experience its natural beauties with this 7 Day / 6 Night Jalapao Off Road Adventure Safari Travel Vacation Package and Tour that includes a 4×4 truck specially developed for this tour, 4 nights with all meals at the Safari Camp, Trekking, Sand Boarding and Cannoeing Tours, transportation and much more.
Jalapão Vacation Package – Overview
You will explore Jalapão and its greatest natural beauties during this 7 days and 6 nights Jalapão Off Road Adventure Package. Using a 4×4 truck specially developed for this tour, you will be in contact with nature and discover the amazing Serra Geral Mountains .This package includes 2 nights with breakfast at the Pousada dos Girassois in Palmas, the capital city of the State of Tocantins, 4 nights with all meals at the Safari Camp, located on the edge of Rio Novo River, transportation in/out airport to pousada, and tours in Jalapão.
In the very heart of Brazil, this region is surrounded by the gigantic Serra Geral Mountains, with pure and crystalline rivers, beaches, and is a very primitive natural environment. Located in the eastern side of this newly born Brazilian state, with an area of 34.113 Km, this region has yet to be fully explored and understood. Despite of being called “Jalapão desert”, it’s more like an Oasis, with huge rivers, waterfalls, springs, and plenty of wild life.Using a 4×4 truck especially developed for trips in areas like the ones we described, we assure comfort and security- comfortable seats, air conditioning and some exclusive and creative items- like windows that can be fully opened and 8 places on the roof of the vehicle that can be used to see the sights or to take that unforgettable photo.
- All tours and transfers are in a 4×4 truck specially developed to ensure safety and comfort on trips like this.
- Easy to moderate. Any person above 10 years old can participate. Activities are daily and limitations of each one will be respected.
- Max. of 18 persons.
- Your private English-speaking guides will help you better understand and enjoy your Jalapão experience.
Day by Day Itinerary
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Day 1 – Jalapao
Arrival in Palmas, reception and transfer for accommodation at the inn Pousada dos Girassóis.
Day 2 – Jalapao
This first part of the trip is done in good paved roads and takes about 3.5 hours, this will be the last few hours before we enter the tracks and unpaved roads in Jalapão. After lunch stop in the s…
Day 3 – Jalapao
In the morning, after breakfast, there will be instructions on how to use the kayaks. The river beach in front of the Safari Camp is where we will start going down Novo River. Wild and pristine, No…
Day 4 – Jalapao
Today we will be on the road all day long and will only return to the Safari Camp at night. Besides all the beautiful landscape surrounding us we will visit Poço Dourado, a powerful spring pool sur…
Day 5 – Jalapao
Mirante da Serra (Mountain Belvedere).This wild and mysterious place is the most unexplored and beautiful “Chapada Mountain” (mountains that are completely flat on its top) of the Brazilian Outback…
Day 6 – Jalapao
After breakfast, we will start our trip back to Palmas. On the way we will visit Cachoeira da Velha, the biggest waterfall in Jalapão. Shaped like 2 horseshoes it has an amazing power. Behind its w…
Day 7 – Jalapao
Free morning. Transfer to the airport. During the program, you will be provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner. INCLUDED SERVICES 02 nights in Hotel or Pousada (inn). Standard Room, including …
Contact us for a Custom Jalapao Vacation Package created just for you.
Jalapao Hotel Options
- Pousada dos Girassois – 2 nights at Pousada dos Girassois in Palmas
- Safari Camp – 4 nights at the Safari Camp. Located on the margin of a river of crystalline water. Complete and fixed structure. The participants need not work (set up the tents and cook). Our Staff does its best for you to safeguard your comfort and safety during your Trip with us.
Jalapao Tour Options
- 4×4 wheeler tour of “Mirante da Serra” with a spectacular view of Jalapão
- The Sand Dunes
- Sand boarding
- Panoramic view at the Mirante Mario de Fumo
- Visit to the Cachoeira da Formiga and Poço do Fervedouro – where it is impossible to drown, due to its very special natural conditions
- Cachoeira da Velha and Cachoeira da Sucuapara