Angra dos Reis Charter Boat Vacation Package
Travel to Angra dos Reis, Rio de Janeiro with this 6 Nights Personalized Charter Boat Vacation Package with Private Tours and Transfers
Angra dos Reis Charter Boat Vacation Package
Enjoy an exciting sea adventure, sail through crystal-clear waters, visit heaven-like islands and harbors and choose from a variety of water sports. With a customized service and safety, you and your family will certainly have a remarkable time to remember aboard one of our fantastic sail boats.
The most important area for nautical sports in Brazil has thousands of beaches, harbors and 365 islands. Among these islands, the biggest one is Ilha Grande with fantastic beaches and a great surf. This wonderful landscape is surrounded by the Atlantic Forest which leans over the sea’s crystal clear warm waters. Angra dos Reis is located in the middle of the Green Coast of Rio de Janeiro, one of the most beautiful regions in the country, and hosts a great number of yatch clubs, condominiums and hotels along its coastline. The ones who sail can find excellent service and support. When you are not at sea, good times can be waiting in the many restaurants and bars the city has to offer, on a nice walk in the forest or even on a hidden waterfall. Those who enjoy diving will always find clear warm waters. A few miles away is Paraty, a historical city with all its colonial times architecture preserved. Like Angra dos Reis, Paraty offers bays, harbors and part of the Atlantic Forest.
- All transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles with your private English speaking expert guide.
- Easy. All ages welcome. Tropical weather and direct sunlight demands sun protection and plenty of fluids.
- Maximum of persons depends on the boat that will be chosen.
- One of our professional bi-lingual skippers will take care of all navigation procedures.
Day by Day Itinerary
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Day 1 – Ilha Grande
Departure from Marina Verolme at 11:00am to Saco do Céu (Ilha Grande). Nautical Chart N° 1621 Navigation Time = 1 hour Leg Length = 7 miles Note: time was estimated considering 7 Knots using the engine. For lunch the best options are the restaurants: Mar e Massa or Coqueiro Verde. A good way to know part of the Atlantic Forest is tracking. There are many paths around the island. One of them is from Saco do Céu to Cachoeira da Feiticeira, a beautiful 10 meters waterfall inside the Forest . It takes around 1 hour to get there. You can ask the local people for more information. To spend the night there are two options: Saco do Céu – a quiete place, for who wants a calm place, good shelter. Vila do Abraão – the most populated village of the island, there you can find some nightlife activities.
Day 2 – Paraty
Departure from Saco do Céu or Vila do Abraão to Parati. Nautical Chart N° 1636 You can choose between two options for a stop, one of the islands: Ilha da GipÃ³ia or Ilha do Breu. Ilha da Gipóia (Canto das Canoas) Navigation Time = 2 hours Leg Length = 13 miles There is an excellent regional restaurant for lunch time. From this point to Parati: Navigation Time = 3Â½ hours Leg Length = 23 miles Ilha do Breu Navigation Time = 4 3½ hours Leg Length = 30 miles On this island you will find a very exotic pousada that has a good restaurant and various animal species from Brazil in a kind of open zoo. You can also choose the Tarituba village for having lunch. From this point to Parati: Navigation Time = 1 3½ hours Leg Length = 11 miles The arrival point at Parati is the Saco do Bom Jardim (Nautical Chart N° 1633). This is the best place for anchoring and to spend the night. We don’t recommend mooring at the pier in front of the city because there is lot of boat traffic. Parati is one of the oldest cities in Brazil. A great portion of the city has been preserved. There are many artists and artisans’ ateliers. For dinner, you have many options at Parati that offer typical dishes (Ex.Restaurante do Hiltinho or O Refúgio).
Day 3 – Praia Grande
Departure from Parati to Praia Grande (a point on the coast). Navigation Time = 1h 50m Leg Length = 13 miles Praia Grande is a beautiful beach and you can go to a waterfall located upstream on the river Itaoca. We don’t recommend this place to spend the night. It’s better to have lunch on the boat and the best place to spend the night is behind the island Ilha da Cotia. Note: There is the possibility to have lunch or dinner in a small village, named Parati-mirim, at a very rustic restaurant.
Day 4 – Ilha Grande
Departure from Ilha da Cotia to Ilha de Paquetá. Navigation Time = 3 hours Leg Length = 22 miles We recommend having at the Hotel do Frade (just ½ a mile from Paquetá¡) at the restaurant Chez Dominique (the best French food of the region). To spend the night on the boat, the best place to be anchored is on the sheltered side of the island Paquetá.
Day 5 – Ilha Grande
Departure from Ilha de Paquetá¡ to Araçatiba (Ilha Grande). During the day, our suggestion is to make a round trip between the islands of the bay Baía da Ribeira. They are so many that you can choose among them on the chart, but one of the favorites is the Ilha do Arroz, where you can have lunch also. The best option to spend the night is Araçatiba, a fishing village with some restaurants and lodges, and with deep turquoise water.
Day 6 – Ilha Grande
Departure from Araçatiba to Palmas (Ilha Grande). There are two options to go from the first point to the second, but you must check the sea and wind conditions to choose between them: Sailing by the external coast of the island. You can visit two bays that are fantastic, they will take your breath away, named Aventureiro and Parnaioca. Sailing along the coast of the island. You must go to a place called Lagoa Azul, this is a popular name because the water is so blue there. It’s located on the west side of the island Ilha dos Macacos. At night, stay anchored at the bay Palmas, so the next day you can have leisure time there.
Day 7 – Angra dos Reis
Departure from Palmas to Marina Verolme. During the morning, we suggest doing some trekking. There is a path where you can reach the beach Lopes Mendes on the other side of the island. It takes only 30 minutes to get there and you have to cross through the Atlantic rainforest. The vegetation changes suddenly when approaching the sand and it seems as though a window is being opened in front of you. Always bring: Light Clothing, Light Rain Jackets, Sun Block, Sun Glasses, Water, Fruits, and Vegetables. Never Bring: High or wooden heel shoes, Meals that involve frying, Suitcases with wheels. The boarding process (briefing of the navigation areas + briefing on the boat equipment) begins at 11:00 am on the morning of the first day of the charter in the Verolme Base, Angra dos Reis. The boat must always be delivered (check listed) to the base at 9:00 am on the last day of the chartered period. There will be a standard cleaning fee charged when boats are not returned in the same conditions as delivered.
Contact us for a Custom Brazil Charter Vacation Package created just for you.
Rio de Janeiro Hotel Options
- 5 star – Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel
- 5 star – Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro
- 5 star – Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel
- 4 star – Porto Bay International
- 4 star – Arena Copacabana
- 4 star – Caesar Park Hotel
- 4 star – Sheraton Hotel
- 3 star – Augusto’s Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Acapulco Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Windsor Asturias Hotel
Angra dos Reis Hotel Options
- 5 star – Hotel Fasano Angra dos Reis
- 4 star – Mercure Angra dos Reis Resort
- 3 star – Pousada Casa Atlantica
Rio de Janeiro Tour Options
- Corcovado (the Christ statue) and Tijuca Forest Jeep Half Day Tour, including Cosme Velho Station, Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) and Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) with stops at the São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Sunset at the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Day tour of the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Hot Spots Tour including Santa Teresa and Chacara do Céu Museum
- Day tour of Rio beaches
- Sugarloaf Tour with panoramic view of Copacabana, Ipanema, and stops for photos
- Half Day Tour of Guanabara Bay in a fishing boat – begins at the Marina da Glooria with stops at Flamengo and Boa Viagem beaches, Contemporary Art Museum and Cobra Island
- Day tour of Arraial do Cabo and Prainha Beach
- 4 Wonders Tour of Rio with lunch – Sugar Loaf, Christ Statue, Botanical Gardens and Tijuca Forest including Cosme Velho station, São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Full Day Tour Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande with Buffet Lunch, fishing boat tour, swimming in the Blue Lagoon, Santana Church and Ponta da Piedade beach
- Imperial Tour of Petrópolis – Serra dos Órgãos National Park, Imperial Museum, São Pedro de Alcântara cathedral, Santos Dumont museum and walk through Tereza street
- Buzios Day Tour with Lunch – fishing boat tour with stops at João Fernandes, Ilha Feira and Tartaruga beaches and walk through the famous Pedras Street
Angra dos Reis Tour Options
- Several boat tour options to different islands and beaches