Rio de Janeiro, Iguazu Falls, Salvador and Praia do Forte Vacation Package
With this package you will visit four of Brazil’s most famous destinations – the city of Rio de Janeiro; the spectacular Iguazu Falls; Salvador da Bahia, Brazil’s first capital city; the tranquil fisherman’s village of Praia do Forte. Experience Brazil with this 8 Nights Personalized Vacation Package with Private Tours and Transfers.
Rio de Janeiro, Iguazu Falls, Salvador and Praia do Forte Vacation Package
Rio de Janeiro city, with its rock mountains surrounded by green pockets of forrest and blue seas, is indeed one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in the world. Its white sand beaches and granite based mountains are a landmark, the most famous of which is the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf).
One of the seven wonders of the modern world, the mighty Iguazu Falls are impressive and will amaze you with their greateness.
The first port of arrival in Brazil, Salvador is a city full of history and teaming with culture and natural beauty. Still in Bahia, Praia do Forte is a quaint fisherman village located approximately 1 hour away. Known for its beaches, restaurants and artisan shops will give you a glimpse of what Bahia has to offer in terms of rich history, culture and unexplored nature.
This package offers privately guided city tours as well as nature tours to some of the most amazing sites in Brazil, whilst staying at very comfortable and relaxing accommodation in hotels and pousadas.
- All transfers and tours in private air-conditioned vehicles with your private English speaking expert guide.
- Easy. All ages are welcome. The walking tours to see the falls require climbing up and down steps to get a good view of the falls. Tropical weather and direct sunlight demands sun protection and plenty of fluids.
- Any group size.
- Your private English-speaking guides will help you better understand and enjoy your Brazilian experience.
Day by Day Itinerary
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Day 1 – Rio de Janeiro
You will arrive in Rio de Janeiro and be met at the airport by a private driver who will take you to your hotel. After checking in, you may want to relax and have some lunch. We suggest lunch at Porcão, a Brazilian barbecue buffet restaurant. In the afternoon you might like to explore around Copacabana and visit the famous beaches near your hotel
Day 2 – Rio de Janeiro
Today you will be taken on a city tour in your own private air-conditioned Land Rover to visit some of the most famous sites of Rio. Driving on the scenic Castorina Road towards the Corcovado, (the Christ statue) you will stop to see the Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) and the Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) before entering the Tijuca National Park. In the park you will visit the principal hotspots: the Taunay Waterfall, the Mayrink Chapel, not to mention the view of the beautiful flora and fauna of the forest and the sounds of the Atlantic Forest birds. Still driving through tranquil scenic roads in the Tijuca National Park, the tour will take you across the top of the mountain in the direction of Corcovado. After experiencing the panoramic 360º views from the top of the Corcovado, you next stop will be the neighborhood of Santa Tereza, a historical district of old Rio, where artisans and artists live and work. You will be able to visit authentic local artisan stores and have lunch in one of the local restaurants, where you will experience the flavors of Brazilian cuisine. After lunch you will visit the Chacara do Céu Museum, a special place where nature, panoramic views of the Guanabara Bay, and art are in total harmony with the landscape. Your tour will end a Sugar Loaf, where you will be able to watch the magnificent sunset over the city and the bay. We suggest dinner at Da Brambini (Italian seafood) in Praia do Leme.
Day 3 – Rio de Janeiro
Explore Rio de Janeiro at your leisure. If you happen to be in Rio on a Sunday, the hippie fair (open-air handcrafts market) at Praça General Osório in Ipanema is worth a visit. At night your guide will pick you up to take you to a Samba dinner show.
Day 4 – Iguassu Falls
On your final day in Rio, you must check out of your hotel around 10:30 a.m. and say goodbye to this ‘marvelous city,’ then be driven in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to the airport to catch a flight to Foz do Iguassu. At the airport in Iguassu you will be met and driven to your hotel, where you will check in.
At 8:00pm your guide will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to the Iporã Dinner Show. You will eat dinner and enjoy the folkloric show that Iporã offers. With the Tupi-Guarani origin, the name reflects the beauty of the waters, represented here by a presentation that demonstrates the cultural diversity of nine Latin American countries. The show begins with a musical retelling of the Legend of the Falls, where Naipi and Tarobá are punished for living a forbidden love. Following the public engagement with the beauty of the presentations, songs and dances portray the diversity of Latin American folklore from salsa to the Caribbean malambo pampas. The richness of the presentations are complete with costumes and a dazzling sequence of scenarios that characterize the show.
Day 5 – Iguazu Falls
Your second day at the falls will comprise a full-day tour of both sides of the falls. First, you will be taken on a 3-hour tour of the Brazilian side of the falls by a private English-speaking guide. You will follow a trail inside the sub-tropical forest, which includes a visit to the bottom of Salto Floriano (Floriano Falls). During the walk, there is an impressive view of the Devil’s Throat from a bridge. At the end of your tour an elevator will take you up to the top of the falls. After your tour of the Brazilian side, there will be a break for lunch. Lunch is included in your package and you can choose from the following list: Bufalo Branco Churrascaria or Churrascaria Rafain (grilled meats with a mixed salads buffet), Maringá (good variety of seafood and sushi), La Mamma Galeteria (Italian food), Porto Canoas (grilled meats, pasta dishes, and salads). Then on to see the Argentinian side of the Iguassu Falls (4-hour tour). You will be taken across the border into Argentina by private vehicle, into the Parque National del Iguazu, 40 km away from the Brazilian border. Once in Argentina, you will go on a walking tour of the falls. The views are magnificent, especially the one right on top of the Devil’s Throat, which is reached by a little boat taking you through breathtaking scenery. Throughout the day you will see numerous rainbows, hundreds of beautiful butterflies, lots of friendly little South American coatis, and dozens of exotic birds. (The entire tour takes about 8 hours).
Day 6 – Iguazu Falls
After breakfast on the last day of your trip you will be taken on a tour traveling the Macuco Trail in a rustic, open wagon, which allows you a view of the luxurious jungle in all its splendor. Our guides will explain some of the stories, marvels and mysteries of the sub-tropical forest surrounded by orchids, bromeliads, and thousands of butterflies. You will take a walk down the Iguazu Canyon Trail, visiting the picturesque Macuco Falls and enter the Brazilian jungle on foot to have more close contact with nature. Finally, you will ride the rapids of the Iguassu Canyon in secure open boats (mild Rapid). This 3-hour tour gives you a unique and different view of the Iguassu Falls. Before checking out of your hotel, you may want to have one final look at the magnificent falls, before be driven in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to the airport. From Foz do Iguazu, you will fly to Salvador where one of our English-speaking guides will meet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel. After checking in, you might want to relax a bit before dinner. We suggest dinner at any of the award winning restaurants in town.
Day 7 – Salvador
Today you will begin your journey through Salvador visiting Pelourinho, the historical district of the city, followed by a delicious Bahian lunch. Then you will visit the Mercado Modelo in Cidade Baixa. The Mercado Modelo is a handicraft market that used to be the merchandise and slave-trading outpost of the city. Here you can buy many handicrafts and local products. Make sure you visit the dungeon below the market where the slaves were kept prior to sale.
Day 8 – Praia do Forte
On the last day in Salvador, you will check out of your hotel and be transported by a private vehicle to Praia do Forte. The journey takes roughly an hour and when you arrive you will check into your hotel. We suggest having lunch at ‘Bar do Souza’; try their delicious and famous ‘bolinhos de peixe’ (Bahian-style fish cakes) and/or a fish or shrimp moqueca (Bahian stew). After lunch we suggest you visit the TAMAR PROJECT (turtle NGO) Visitor Center and then on to Papa Gente’s Natural Pools for snorkeling (times may vary due to the tide). After sunset, we suggest having dinner at one of the many restaurants in town.
Day 9 – Praia do Forte
On your last day in Praia do Forte you will check out of the hotel very early and say goodbye to Praia do Forte, then be driven in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to the Salvador’s international Airport.
Contact us for a Custom Brazil Vacation Package created just for you.
Rio de Janeiro Hotel Options
- 5 star – Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel
- 5 star – Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro
- 5 star – Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel
- 4 star – Porto Bay International
- 4 star – Arena Copacabana
- 4 star – Caesar Park Hotel
- 4 star – Sheraton Hotel
- 3 star – Augusto’s Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Acapulco Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Windsor Asturias Hotel
Salvador Hotel Options
- 5 star – Aram Yami Hotel
- 5 star – Fera Palace Hotel
- 5 star – Deville Prime Salvador
- 4 star – Sheraton da Bahia Hotel
- 4 star – Villa Bahia Hotel
- 4 star – Grand Hotel Stella Maris Resort
- 4 star – Hotel Casa do Amarelindo
- 3 star – Bahia Cafe Hotel
- 3 star – Pousada do Pilar
Praia do Forte Hotel Options
- 5 star – Tivoli Praia do Forte Eco Resort
- 5 star – Iberostar Bahia Hotel Praia do Forte
- 4 star – Villa dos Corais
- 4 star – Sobrado do Vila
- 3 star – Pousada Porto da Lua
- 3 star – Porto Zarpa Hotel
Iguazu Falls Hotel Options
- 5 star – Belmond Hotel das Cataratas Luxury Hotel
- 5 star – Mabu Termas Hotel and Resort
- 4 star – Sheraton Iguazu Hotel and Spa
- 4 star – Rafain Palace Hotel and Convention Center
- 4 star – Bourbon Cataratas Convention and Spa Resort
Rio de Janeiro Tour Options
- Corcovado (the Christ statue) and Tijuca Forest Jeep Half Day Tour, including Cosme Velho Station, Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) and Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) with stops at the São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Sunset at the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Day tour of the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Hot Spots Tour including Santa Teresa and Chacara do Céu Museum
- Day tour of Rio beaches
- Sugarloaf Tour with panoramic view of Copacabana, Ipanema, and stops for photos
- Half Day Tour of Guanabara Bay in a fishing boat – begins at the Marina da Glooria with stops at Flamengo and Boa Viagem beaches, Contemporary Art Museum and Cobra Island
- Day tour of Arraial do Cabo and Prainha Beach
- 4 Wonders Tour of Rio with lunch – Sugar Loaf, Christ Statue, Botanical Gardens and Tijuca Forest including Cosme Velho station, São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Full Day Tour Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande with Buffet Lunch, fishing boat tour, swimming in the Blue Lagoon, Santana Church and Ponta da Piedade beach
- Imperial Tour of Petrópolis – Serra dos Órgãos National Park, Imperial Museum, São Pedro de Alcântara cathedral, Santos Dumont museum and walk through Tereza street
- Buzios Day Tour with Lunch – fishing boat tour with stops at João Fernandes, Ilha Feira and Tartaruga beaches and walk through the famous Pedras Street
Salvador Tour Options
- Full Day Salvador City Tour featuring Pelourinho, the Mercado Modelo (handcraft market) and other historical sites. This tour includes a typical Bahian lunch
- Folkloric Dinner Show at UNESCO World Heritage seafront Solar da Uniao Fort
- Afro-Brazilian Culture, Capoeira and Berimbau Classes
- Bahia Folkloric Ballet Show with or without dinner
Praia do Forte Tour Options
(these tours can be done as day tours from Salvador)
- 4-Wheeler tour through Atlantic Forest with a river stop
- Canoe trip down the pristine Imbassai River
- Typical Bahian lunch at fisherman village Diogo
- Horseback riding tours
- Sauipe River Catamaran tour
- Sauipe Adventure Expedition
Iguazu Falls Tour Options
- Half day Macuco Safari Boat tour under the falls
- Rafting tour below the falls
- Full day Tour of the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls, lunch, and of the falls from the Argentinian side
- Bird Park Tour
- Half day Tour of the falls from the Brazilian side
- Half day Tour of the falls from the Argentinian side
- Visit to Itaipu Hydro-electric Power Plant