Gay LGBT Rio de Janeiro, Buzios, Iguassu Falls and the Amazon Custom Vacation Package and Tour
Experience this Rio de Janeiro, Buzios, Iguassu Falls, and the Amazon with this 14 Night Personalized Vacation Package with Accommodations, and Private Tours and Transfers.
Gay (LGBT) Brazil Sampler Vacation Package – Overview
With this Gay (LGBT) Brazil Sampler Vacation Package you will experience the best of Brazil and its LGBT nightlife.
All transfers and tours in private air-conditioned vehicles with your private English-speaking guide.
Moderate. Tropical weather and direct sunlight demands sun protection and plenty of fluids. Group Size: Any group size.
Your private English-speaking guides will help you better understand and enjoy your Salvador experience. Contact us for prices.
- Private Tours with English-speaking guides
- Private Transfers to Buzios and back to Rio
- Private Transfers in the Amazon
Gay (LGBT) Brazil Sampler Vacation Package – Day by Day Itinerary
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Day 1 – Rio de Janeiro
Welcome to Rio! A guide will be waiting for you at the airport with your name on a sign. A private transfer to your hotel will follow. With this package you will discover Rio’s most famous points. The ‘Marvelous City’ as Rio’s inhabitants (the Cariocas) call it, is indeed one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in the world. Uniquely situated on a narrow strip of land between the green mountains and the deep blue sea it is surrounded by granite based mountains, coves, and white sand beaches. The most famous coastal mountain is the Pão de Açúcar (Sugar Loaf), which has wonderful views of the city, the bay, and the Corcovado (the statue of Christ). The city’s inhabitants thrive on dance, music, beach, sports, and have a lust for life, which is manifested in full-scale once a year at Carnaval. With Rio being elected as one of the most popular gay destinations in the world, it is no wonder that it has been such a sought after destination with the LGBT community. With a wide variety of clubs, bars, saunas, parties, and baths, Rio is sure to fulfill all your wildest dreams and more. It is home to one of the largest and most popular gay clubs in the world, the WEEK, along with one of the most attended gay beaches in the country. Nightlife Recommendations – Ipanema Bars/Restaurants To Nem Ai – One of the more frequented gay bars on Ipanema. Located on the street most frequented by gays in the city. – Rua Farme de Amoedo 57, – Ipanema Clubs Galeria Café – A mostly gay club that hosts special parties and events. Every Wednesday they host the “Festa Treta” which is one of the best parties in Ipanema. Experience Brazilian rhythms, pop and funk music, and various resident DJ’s for an unforgettable night. – Rua Teixeira de Melo 31, – Ipanema
Day 2 – Rio de Janeiro
Christ Statue and Sugar Loaf Mountain Tour Tour: You will be picked-up from the hotel after breakfast in an executive car to visit the most famous landmarks of the city and see the natural beauty of Rio de Janeiro from up above. After a scenic drive along Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, passengers arrive at the bottom of the Corcovado Hill. The Christ statue known as the “wonder of Rio” was recently elected one of the 7 “New Wonders of the World”. Upon arrival at the top, guests can use the panoramic elevators or escalators to arrive at the foot of the statue. There, passengers can enjoy a panoramic view of Rio de Janeiro and discover why it is called the “Marvelous City”. Over a million tourists each year visit the world famous ‘Pão de Açúcar’, (Sugar Loaf Mountain), which has become an iconic symbol of the city of Rio de Janeiro. Rising up from a small peninsula at the entrance of Guanabara Bay, its name is said to refer to its resemblance to the traditional shape of a concentrated, refined sugar loaf. The journey to the top is made in glass cable-cars. The cable-car rises 395 meters above sea level and offers a 360 degree view of the entire city including Botafogo and Copacabana Beaches, Corcovado Mountain, and downtown Rio de Janeiro. Nightlife Recommendations – Copacabana Bars/Restaurants TV Bar – A mostly gay TV-themed bar in Copacabana that truly stands out with giant TV’s spread throughout the club for an extraordinary and fun atmosphere. They host special parties and events with an updated program on their website. Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, 1417 – Copacabana Clubs Fosfobox – One of the top clubs in the Zona Sul (South Zone), and attended by a younger crowd. Many of the LGBT public frequents Fosfobox and they host regular parties and events. The “Recalcada” and “High as Shit” parties are some of the best ones each held once per month. Affordable prices and fun for everyone. Rua Siquiera Campos, 143 – Copacabana La Cueva – The oldest gay club in Rio, with the atmosphere being darker and more discrete. A popular option for old and more mature men with décor that makes you feel as you are in a giant party cave. They play music from the 60’s to the 90’s as well as current dance music. Saturday nights are noted as the “Night of the Mature Men” and attract an older crowd and their admirers. Rua Miguel Lemos, 51, Subsolo – Copacabana
Day 3 – Rio de Janeiro
Tijuca Forest and Botanical Garden Tour Tijuca Forest, an area in ecological preservation of the Atlantic Forest, is the biggest urban forest in the world. Stop at the Chinese View Turret – where you will be able to see Ipanema and Copacabana beaches, the Guanabara Bay, and Niterói. Walk around waterfalls of crystalline waters and hike through mild trails inside the forest. To finish our tour through the wonderful city, we’ll visit the Botanic Garden, created by D.João VI in 1817 to serve as a cultivation center of exotic plants. No other garden can be compared to this one because of its large variety of species, such as the Imperial Palm-tree, the Victoria water lilies, models of Brazil Wood, and many almost extinct trees. With pleasing hiding-spots, it was one of the favorite places of Tom Jobim, co-inventor of the bossa nova music. Nightlife Recommendations – Centro Bars/Restaurants Sinonimo Lapa – Considered the gayest bar in Lapa and also a “light” nightclub. It consists of 3 floors with shows, DJ’s, a bar, and an area to eat. A great warm-up for other parties in the center of Rio. – Av. Mem de Sá, 118 – Lapa Clubs Buraco da Lacraia – A popular gay spot in Rio, and a perfect night out with friends that features performances, video karaoke, a dance floor, and a lounge to play pool. – Rua Andre Cavalcanti, 58 – Centro. The WEEK Rio – The biggest and arguably best gay club in Rio, a trip to Rio would be incomplete without a visit to the Week. The space is located in a giant antique house that consists of 5 bars, a dance floor, balconies, and many go go boys! They have weekend specials and themed parties with DJ’s. – Rua Sacadura Cabral, 135 – Centro
Day 4 – Rio de Janeiro
Free Day in Rio de Janeiro Enjoy this day to relax or explore Rio on your own.
Day 5 – Buzios
Transfer-out of Rio/Arrival day in Buzios In the morning, your driver will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the coastal beach town of Buzios. This trip takes approximately 3 hours. Upon arrival, check-in to your hotel and a free afternoon to enjoy beautiful Buzios, Rio de Janeiro. In the evening we suggest going out to Rua das Pedras, a cobblestone street that runs down the center of Buzios with shops, restaurants, bars, and cafes. Perfect for an evening stroll or to have a night out to eat. The beautiful city of Búzios, located just 111 miles (180 km) east of Rio de Janeiro City, encompasses everything that paradise in the tropics is supposed to. This lovely beach town has a total of 27 white- sand beaches, nice calm waters, and a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere.
Day 6 – Buzios
Arraial do Cabo Boat Trip Tour: Enjoy a day trip to visit some of the most beautiful beaches in Brazil in Arraial do Cabo, about 40 km from Buzios. You will enjoy a boat a trip to some of the nicest beaches of the region and experience the amazing blue waters and have a chance to see the marine life of the area. You will get to know the main beaches such as Praia dos Anjos, Prainha, Ilha do Farol, and Praia do Forno and have plenty of chances to stop for a swim. The option for a barbecue and a happy hour on board the boat is also available
Day 7 – Buzios
Free Day in Buzios Free Day in Buzios to just relax or take advantage of some optional activities available. Nightlife Recommendations – Buzios For an LGBT night out in Buzios, we would recommend Privilege and Pacha, both LGBT friendly spots with some of best music, dance, and entertainment available in Buzios. Pacha – Pacha just opened a new club with a new location and wants to combine the atmosphere of Ibiza, Spain with Buzios. The club capacity is 1,000 people with 2 bars and they occasionally hold performances from big names in electronic music. Privilege – Situated 100 meters from the Rua das Pedras and with 6 different environments, the club hosts 2 dance floors, 2 levels of balconies, a lounge, 4 bars, and an international kitchen.
Day 8 – Iguazu Falls
Transfer-out of Buzios/Arrival in Iguassu Falls At the specified time, your driver will pick you up from your hotel to transfer you back to the Rio airport for your flight to Iguassu Falls Upon arrival in Iguassu Falls, another guide will be waiting for you to transfer you to your hotel. IGUASSU FALLS The semicircular waterfall at the heart of this site is some 80 m high and 2,700 m in diameter and is situated on a basaltic line spanning the border between Argentina and Brazil. Made up of many cascades producing vast sprays of water, it is one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world. The surrounding subtropical rain forest has over 2,000 species of vascular plants and is home to the typical wildlife of the region: tapirs, giant anteaters, howler monkeys, ocelots, jaguars and caimans.
Day 9 – Iguazu Falls
Half Day Brazil Falls/Macuco Boat Safari/Bird Park Tour: Light stroll descending to the canyon that offers the most panoramic view of the more than 240 different falls. Penetrate the mist of the Devil’s Throat on the main walkway. Take the glass elevator up the cliff in front of a view from the upper deck. The Iguassu National Park along its “sister” park in Argentina forms the most significant remaining rain forest in the southern cone which together with the cataracts has been declared a National Heritage Site by UNESCO. Still in the Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side, the MACUCO boat trip starts with a ride through the jungle in special 4×4 vehicles. Hike down the Iguassu canyon and board inflatable boats. Take an exciting trip through the rapids and arrive at the base of the waterfalls with a view of the Devils throat. Get your hair wet in the mist and feel of the forces of nature. Before returning to the hotel, you will make a pleasant stop at the Bird Park conveniently located at the entrance of the Iguassu National Park, and fully integrated into its natural surroundings. Mingle with and photograph hundreds of different native and exotic birds, snakes, caimans, marmosets and butterflies in spacious walk-through aviaries and trails that wind through the jungle.
Day 10 -Iguazu Falls
Full Day Argentinian Falls Tour: Visit the upper walkways which allow a different perspective and more intimate contact with the falls and adjoining rainforests filled with orchids, bromeliads, birds and other wildlife. The highlight of the trip is a visit the suspended platform at the very brink of the abysms Devil’s Throat – largest of waterfalls. This trip shows you the highlights of the Argentine side. Still in the Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side, the MACUCO boat trip starts with a ride through the jungle in special 4×4 vehicles. Hike down the Iguassu canyon and board inflatable boats. Take an exciting trip through the rapids and arrive at the base of the waterfalls with a view of the Devils throat. Get your hair wet in the mist and feel of the forces of nature. Before returning to the hotel, you will make a pleasant stop at the Bird Park conveniently located at the entrance of the Iguassu National Park, and fully integrated into its natural surroundings. Mingle with and photograph hundreds of different native and exotic birds, snakes, caimans, marmosets and butterflies in spacious walk-through aviaries and trails that wind through the jungle. Nightlife Recommendations – Iguassu Falls Space Free Dance – For a night out to a club, Space Free Dance is the only club in Iguassu Falls that attends specifically to the LGBT public and has been in existence for more than 15 years. – Avenida Republica Argentina, 1028 – Foz do Iguaçu
Day 11 -Manaus
Transfer Out of Iguassu/Arrival Day in Manaus At the specified time, your driver will transfer from your hotel in Iguassu to the airport for your flights to Manaus. Upon arrival in Manaus, another guide will be waiting for you with your name on a sign. A private transfer to your hotel will follow where you will spend the night before departing on your cruise the following day.
Day 12 -Manaus
Cruise Departure on Solimões River – Iberostar Grand Amazon 15:00 (3 pm) Check-in at the Port of Manaus. 18:00 (6 pm) Departure – Sailing down Rio Solimões. Sunset on the top deck with classical music. Welcome cocktail offered by the Captain with presentation of equipment on board and safety procedures in Salão Lua 20:00 – 21:30 (8 – 9:30 pm) Welcome dinner in the Kuarup restaurant.
Day 13 -Manaus
Full Day of Tours – Iberostar Grand Amazon 08:00 (8 am): Pay a visit at the home of a Caboclo (locals) in the region of Lake Janauacá to get to know their way of life,customs and cultures of the local population. 12:00 – 15:30 (12 – 3:30 pm): Light meal on the terrace. 13:00 – 14:30 (1 – 2:30 pm): Lunch in the Kuarup restaurant. 16:00 (4 pm): Piranha fishing in the region of Manaquiri. 16:00 (4 pm): Boat ride in the region of Manaquiri. Observation of local flora and fauna. 20:00 – 21:30 (8 – 9:30 pm) Dinner at the Kuarup restaurant. 21:30 – 22:30 (9:30 – 10:30 pm): Boat rides to spot alligators and listen to the night sounds of the Manaquiri region.
Day 14 -Manaus
Full Day of Tours – Iberostar Grand Amazon 05:45 – 07:00 (5:45 – 7 am): Amazon Awakening. Morning boat ride in the region of Manacapurú, where birds can be seen as well as a beautiful landscape lit by sunrise. 08:00 (8 am) Boat ride through the Igarapés (narrow streams) and Igapós (flooded forest) in the Manacapurú region, where one can observe the activities of local residents and fishermen. 08:00 (8 am) Jungle Trek in the region of Manacapurú. 12:00 – 15:30 (12 – 3:30 pm) Light meal on the terrace. 13:00 – 14:30 (1 – 2:30 pm) Lunch in the Kuarup restaurant. 16:00 – 18:00 (4 – 6 pm) Boat rides through Igarapés and Igapós in the region of Lake Janauari. Visit the region on a floater with the opportunity to purchase local crafts. 19:45 – 21:30 (7:45 – 9:30 pm) Formal Dinner in the Kuarup restaurant.
Day 15 -Manaus
Meeting of the Waters/Departure– Iberostar Grand Amazon 06:00 – 06:30 (6 – 6:30 am) Meeting of the Waters 08:00 (8 am) Arrival at the Port of Manaus. Your guide will pick you at the cruise’s pier and drive you to the airport.
Contact us for a Custom LGBT Brazil Vacation Package created just for you.
Gay (LGBT) Brazil Sampler Vacation Package – Hotel Options
Gay Friendly Hotel Options in Rio de Janeiro
- 3 star –Augusto’s Copacabana Hotel – Located only a few blocks from the beach in one of the most popular neighborhoods of Rio. A budget hotel with an ideal location.
- 4 star – Ipanema Plaza Hotel – Located in a superb location on Ipanema beach, and right near one of the most frequented gay beaches in Rio, Praia da Ipanema.
- 5 star – Fasano Hotel – One of the nicest hotels in Rio, and close to the frequented gay spots in Ipanema.
Gay Friendly Hotel Options in Buzios
- 3 star – Lestada – Gay-friendly hotel located close to Joao Fernandes Beach and the town center. This small hotel has one of the best views over the ocean in Buzios.
- 4 star – Porto do Céu – Set on top of a hill with an all-encompassing view of Buzios, the hotel is a short drive to the town center. The large pool and view, scenery, and accommodating rooms make it perfect for a romantic getaway.
- 5 star – Casas Brancas – This Boutique Hotel and Spa is only a few minutes from the beach and one of the nicest stays in Buzios. The bar and pool provide amazing views of Buzios and the elegance of the hotel can be seen in its refined and decorated rooms.
Gay Friendly Hotel Options in Iguassu Falls
- 3 star – Best Western Taroba – Close to the town center and about 25 km from the falls, the hotel consists of simple but modern rooms and is within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and bars.
- 4 star – Bourbon Cataratas Convention Resort – An upscale spa resort 12 km from the Falls that includes many amenities such as a nature spa, outdoor pool, a gym, a bowling alley, and a tennis court.
- 5 star – Belmond das Cataratas – One of 2 hotels overlooking the falls, this high-end hotel gives you a panoramic view of the Brazilian Falls in order to provide an unforgettable experience at Iguassu. The hotel has 2 restaurants with patio seating and a refined bar offering nightly entertainment. Some amenities include an outdoor pool, fitness room, a spa, and tennis court.
Gay Friendly Amazon Cruise Options
- 4 star – Iberostar Grand Amazon – All inclusive cruise and floating luxury hotel where you can explore nature’s most remote places without having to leave comfort behind.
Gay Friendly Amazon Jungle Lodge Options
- 3 star – Tariri Amazon Lodge – Located on Lake Acajutaba about 70 km from Manaus, you will find the most diverse ecosytems in the Amazon jungle, rivers, and beaches. The lodge is composed of 10 individual huts and combines comfort and privacy while either overlooking the jungle or river. Enjoy delicious home cooked meals and a variety of ecological tours led by professional guides from the region.
- 4 star – Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge – Located 180 km from Manaus, the lodge is situated right across the largest river archipelago in the middle of the Amazon basin. The lodge consists of 22 rooms and offers a great variety of tours in their packages, with a detailed itinerary depending on the length of your stay.
Gay (LGBT) Brazil Sampler Vacation Package – Tour Options
Rio de Janeiro Tour Options
- Private Airport transfers
- Tijuca Forest Jeep Tour
- Corcovado (the Christ statue)
- Sunset at Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Other Hot Spots, including Santa Teresa
- Chacara do Céu Museum
- Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point)
- Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) .
- Day tour of the beaches.
Buzios Tour Options
- Private transfers from Rio to and from Buzios
- Praia Olho de Boi Tour – Nudist Beach
- Trolley Tour through the city
- Schooner Tour
- Arraial do Cabo Boat Tour
Iguassu Falls Tour Options
- Private airport transfers
- Brazilian Side of the Falls
- Argentinian Falls
- Boat Safaris
- Itaipu Dam Tour
- Bird Park
- Jesuit Ruins
- Navigation on Parana and Iguassu Rivers with Bertoni Museum
- Iporã Folkloric Show
- Jungle Safari
- Black Well EcoAdventure
- Bananeira Trail EcoAdventure
- Martins Trail
- Kattamaran Itapiu Lake Special Cruise
- Short Helicoptor Tour over Falls
Amazon Jungle Lodge Tour Options
(tours may vary according to your lodge and season)
- Upon arrival your guide will explain all the many tour options offered at your Jungle Lodge
- Jungle night trek looking for giant spiders and fluorescent fungus
- Jungle treks to see flora and fauna with demonstrations of survival techniques
- Full day Forest Trip with emphasis on wildlife
- Full Day Amazon River Trip to view the meeting of the waters – Amazon River and the Rio Negro
- Fishing trip & Pink Dolphin sighting, bird watching and alligator spotting
- Walking trails through the flooded forest (during the rainy season – boat trips)
- Native Indian Harpoon fishing techniques
- Trip to Igapos (flooded jungle) and Igarapes (streams) in motorized canoe for fishing and to see a variety of wildlife
- Paddling trips in dugout canoes to see birdlife and fauna
- Trip to visit a local river in a Caboclo village
- Visit to local Research Institute
- Jungle night trek looking for nocturnal animals and insects
- Canoeing the Rio Negro riverbanks
- Nocturnal sightseeing at Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Tour on Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Hiking the mainland jungle
- Recreational Piranha Fishing
- Sunrise contemplation
- Camping overnight in the jungle to experience the Amazon by night
- Fishing and survival trips, such as learning how to make your own blow gun