Brazil Vacation Package – Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Fernando de Noronha and Amazon (14 Nights)
Visit 4 of the most exciting and sought after destinations in Brazil: the city of Rio de Janeiro, the magical and exotic state of Bahia, the island paradise of Fernando de Noronha and the legendary Amazon. Experience Brazil with this 14 Nights Personalized Vacation Package with Private tours and Transfers.
This is a complete 14 Day Brazil Sampler Vacation Package and Tour
Brazil Vacation Package – Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Fernando de Noronha and Amazon – Overview
Remember these are Sample Brazil Vacation Packages, Tours and Vacations we have created for Customers in the past. Contact us so we can create Your Brazil Personalized Vacation Package Today.
With this package you will visit 4 of the most exciting and sought after destinations in Brazil: the city of Rio de Janeiro, the magical and exotic state of Bahia, the island paradise of Fernando de Noronha and the legendary Amazon.
Brazilians say that God created the world in six days and, on the seventh, he created Rio. This Marvelous City, with its stunning Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf), the impressive Corcovado (the statue of Christ) white sand beaches and green, granite based mountains, must be the most beautiful and exciting city in the world.
Salvador, known for its history, culture and beauty and Praia do Forte, a quaint fisherman village, known for its beaches, restaurants and artisan shops will give you a glimpse of what the state of Bahia has to offer in terms of rich history, culture and unexplored nature.
With crystalline waters and an exuberance of stunning tropical marine life, as well as wonderfully preserved beaches and virtually no pollution, Fernando de Noronha is a paradise for divers, surfers, nature lovers, and anyone wanting to escape to a tropical island. This beautiful and peaceful island is part of a volcanic archipelago of 21 islands which lie 345km (220 miles) off the northeast coast of Brazil.
The Amazon is the world’s largest river basin, and also the planet’s greatest rainforest, within which resides a wealth of life richer than any place else on earth , and millions of species still remain undiscovered. One of the best places to see some of this incredible wildlife is at the Uakari Lodge, situated near the small city of Tefe (1.5 hours SSW by commercial plane from Manaus). You will also visit the city of Manaus, which is famous for its spectacular Opera House (built at the end of the 19th Century), its busy dock area and bustling port market
All transfers and tours in private air-conditioned vehicles with your private English-speaking guide.
Easy to moderate. The Uakari Lodge does not permit Children under the age of 10. Tropical weather and direct sunlight demands sun protection and plenty of fluids.
Any group size.
Your private English-speaking guides will help you better understand and enjoy your Brazilian experience.
Brazil Vacation Package – Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Fernando de Noronha and Amazon – Day by Day Itinerary
This is a Sample Vacation Package that we have created for customers in the past.
Day 1 – Rio de Janeiro City
You will arrive in Rio de Janeiro and be met at the airport by a private driver who will take you to your hotel. After checking in, you may want to relax and have some lunch. We suggest lunch at Porcão, a Brazilian barbecue buffet restaurant. In the afternoon you might like to explore around Copacabana and visit the famous beaches near your hotel.
Day 2 – Rio de Janeiro City
Today you will be taken by air-conditioned Land Rover on a city tour to visit some of the most famous sites of Rio. Driving on the scenic Castorina Road towards the Corcovado (the Christ statue) you will stop to see the Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) and the Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) before entering the Tijuca National Park. In the park you will visit the principal hotspots: the Taunay Waterfall, the Mayrink Chapel, and the beautiful flora and fauna of the forest and the sounds of the Atlantic rain forest birds. Still driving through tranquil scenic roads in the Tijuca National Park, the tour will take you across the top of the mountain in the direction of Corcovado. After experiencing the panoramic 360º views from the top of the Corcovado, you next stop will be the neighborhood of Santa Tereza, a historical district of old Rio, where artisans and artists live and work. You will be able to visit authentic local artisan stores and have lunch in one of the local restaurants, where you will experience the flavors of Brazilian cuisine. After lunch you will visit the Chacara do Céu Museum, a special place where nature, panoramic views of the Guanabara Bay, and art are in total harmony with the landscape. You will finish your tour at the Sugar Loaf, where you will be able to watch the magnificent sunset over the city and the bay. We suggest dinner at Da Brambini (Italian seafood) in Praia do Leme.
Day 3 – Salvador
On your final day in Rio, you will check out of your Hotel at around 10:30 a.m. and say goodbye to this “marvelous city”, then be driven in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to the airport. The flight to Salvador leaves around 13:00 and arrives at around 15:00. At the Salvador airport you will be met by one of our guides and driven to your hotel. We suggest dinner at the Lambreta Grill, an award winning seafood café in the Rio Vermelho district.
Day 4 – Salvador
Today you will begin your journey through Salvador visiting Pelourinho, the historical district of the city, followed by a delicious Bahian lunch. Then you will visit the Mercado Modelo in Cidade Baixa. The Mercado Modelo is a handicraft market that used to be the merchandise and slave-trading outpost of the city. Here you can buy many handicrafts and local products. Make sure you visit the dungeon below the market where the slaves were kept prior to sale.
Day 5 – Praia do Forte
On the last day of your trip you will check out of your hotel and be transported by a private vehicle to Praia do Forte. The journey takes roughly an hour and when you arrive you will check into your hotel. We suggest having lunch at ‘Bar do Souza’; try their delicious and famous ‘bolinhos de peixe’ (Bahian-style fish cakes) and/or a fish or shrimp moqueca (Bahian stew). After lunch we suggest you visit the TAMAR PROJECT (turtle NGO) Visitor Center and then on to Papa Gente’s Natural Pools for snorkeling (times may vary due to the tide). After sunset, we suggest having dinner at the Fata Morgana restaurant (Spanish food) and taking a stroll through the village to see the various boutiques and artisan shops.
Day 6 – Fernando de Noronha
After breakfast you will check out of your hotel and be driven to the airport in Salvador. From here you must take a plane to Recife (1 hour) and then to Fernando de Noronha, where our guide will meet you inside the Island tax paying area (the island tax is included in your package) and then take you to your hotel. You will then be taken by a private English-speaking guide in your rented buggy on the island tour. This tour will show you the entire island, so that you can better explore your favorite sites the following days of your trip. We suggest you have dinner at Ekologicus, a seafood restaurant near the port. After dinner, you will no doubt want to relax and prepare for day 2 of your Fernando de Noronha experience.
Day 7 – Fernando de Noronha
On your second day on the island you will follow the Sancho Trekking Trail to see the dolphins returning to their resting bay in the morning. We suggest lunch at the Dolphin Hotel. Then, in the afternoon, you will be taken on a boat ride which covers the inner sea of the island. There is good chance of seeing the island’s famous Spinner Dolphin as they depart their bay on their way to high sea for feeding. We recommend dinner at the Italian restaurant Morena.
Day 8 – Fernando de Noronha
Today you will take the Acquasub tour in the morning. This is a snorkeling activity where you are slowly pulled behind a boat with other Snorkelers. It is designed to allow you to snorkel covering longer distances. Our lunch suggestion for today is the Cantinho do Porto at the harbor, which has great fresh tuna and pasta dishes. The afternoon is free for you to relax and do what you want. Tonight why not try dinner at your pousada.
Day 9 – Fernando de Noronha
A 3-hour horseback ride awaits you this morning. You will be given a choice of a variety of trails, depending on your preference and your experience. The trails are either through mountains or along beaches. We suggest lunch at Nascimento, which has a variety of different cuisines. The afternoon is free. You might want to relax at your pousada, on the beach, or go back and visit one of your favorite spots on the island in the rented buggy. We suggest dinner at Tartarugao Restaurant.
Day 10 – Manaus
On your last day on this beautiful island paradise you will go snorkeling with sea turtles at Sueste Beach. The tidal pools a clear turquoise blue and full of marine life. This is one of the few places where a colony of white sea urchins can be seen (the colony is located on the right side of the bay by the remains of the old port). We suggest you lunch at your pousada today, because at 3pm you will be picked up and taken to the airport in order to make your way to Manaus. Upon arriving at the Manaus Airport you will be met by a private guide who will drive you to your hotel, where you will check in and probably want to go straight to bed after your long day’s journey.
Day 11 – Manaus
After breakfast you will be taken on a Manaus city tour by one of our private English-speaking guides. You will first visit the Manaus Theater / Opera House and then be taken to either the Indian Museum or the Museum of Natural History (you choose which tour and let your guide know the night before). Afterwards you will be taken on a tour of the port area and the Municipal (a replica of the old Les Halles market in Paris), where you will find a variety of goods, including a wide choice of handicrafts and presents to buy for friends and family back home. We suggest lunch back at your hotel and the afternoon is free to relax and perhaps take a swim in the pool. We suggest the dinner show, which showcases folkloric music and dance by the pool. Your flight to Tefe leaves early the next day, so a good night’s sleep will help you prepare for the full day coming up next.
Day 12 – Uakari Jungle Lodge
You will be driven to the Manaus airport early in the morning to catch a flight to Tefe. You will be met at the airport in Tefe by one of the representatives from the Uakari Lodge and taken to the dock area and then in a speed boat to the Lodge. The boat journey lasts about one and a half hours. You will arrive at the Lodge just before lunch and will be given an orientation by the Uakari Lodge manager. After lunch at the Lodge, you will have some time to relax and settle in before going on a tour in the afternoon. The tour will be either a walking trail to see wildlife in the flooded forest, or a canoe trip through the small tributaries to see wildlife along the banks of the rivers.
Day 13 – Uakari Jungle Lodge
You need to wake up early at around 6:30 a.m. to have breakfast at 7:00 a.m. Your morning tour will set off at roughly 7:30 a.m. This is the best time to see animals and also the temperature is cooler and therefore more pleasant to take a jungle tour. You will come back for lunch and then have a couple of hours after lunch to rest and prepare for the afternoon tour. There is a book and video library at the Lodge which you may use at your liberty. The afternoon tour departs at roughly 3 p.m. and returns at about 6 p.m. Supper is served in the main dining room and occasionally the researchers from the Mamiraua Institute will join. One of the evenings during your stay at the Lodge you will be shown a presentation of the flooded forest after dinner. During these 2 days the tours will be a variety of the following: Lake Mamiraua Trip by motorized canoe to a beautiful lake inside the Reserve, where you will have an opportunity to see a plethora of birds, monkeys, pink dolphins, black caiman and perhaps the pirarucu fish. You will stay at the Lake until sunset and on your way back you will spot nocturnal fauna. During this adventure you will be able to see various sized cayman and if you are lucky, small fish attracted by the lights will jump into the boat by the hundreds. Daily Walks along one of the jungle trails in the company of experienced guides, to see capuchin monkeys, howlers, uakaris, squirrel monkeys, three toed sloths, and hoatzin birds among many other species. Traditional native Indian harpoon fishing where, depending on how dedicated you are, you can expect to catch a variety of fish. Trip to visit a local riverine “Caboclo” village in order to interact and get to know the Amazonian population and way of life. Paddling trips in dugout canoes where you will see a rich variety of birdlife and fauna.
Day 14 – Uakari Jungle Lodge
You need to wake up early at around 6:30 a.m. to have breakfast at 7:00 a.m. Your morning tour will set off at roughly 7:30 a.m. Tour options can be seen above on Day 13.
Day 15 – Manaus
On the last day of your trip you will check out of the Uakari Lodge after lunch and be driven by speed boat to Tefe where you can catch a plane to Manaus. Flights are not included in this package. Please contact us for flight quotes. If you happen to be in Rio on a Sunday the hippie fair (open-air handcrafts market) at Praça General Osório in Ipanema is worth a visit. There is an evening dinner show (Samba show and dinner) available, if you are interested, which is not included in the above package. Please let us know if you would like us to book this for you.
Contact us for a Custom Brazil Vacation Package created just for you.
Brazil Vacation Package – Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Fernando de Noronha and Amazon – Hotel Options
Rio de Janeiro Hotel Options
- 5 star – Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel
- 5 star – Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro
- 5 star – Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel
- 4 star – Porto Bay International
- 4 star – Arena Copacabana
- 4 star – Caesar Park Hotel
- 4 star – Sheraton Hotel
- 3 star – Augusto’s Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Acapulco Copacabana Hotel
- 3 star – Windsor Asturias Hotel
Salvador Hotel Options
- 5 star – Aram Yami Hotel
- 5 star – Fera Palace Hotel
- 5 star – Deville Prime Salvador
- 4 star – Sheraton da Bahia Hotel
- 4 star – Villa Bahia Hotel
- 4 star – Grand Hotel Stella Maris Resort
- 4 star – Hotel Casa do Amarelindo
- 3 star – Bahia Cafe Hotel
- 3 star – Pousada do Pilar
Praia do Forte Hotel Options
- 5 star – Tivoli Praia do Forte Eco Resort
- 5 star – Iberostar Bahia Hotel Praia do Forte
- 4 star – Villa dos Corais
- 4 star – Sobrado do Vila
- 3 star – Pousada Porto da Lua
- 3 star – Porto Zarpa Hotel
Fernando de Noronha Hotel Options
- 5 star – Pousada Maravilha
- 5 star – Pousada Ze Maria
- 4 star – Pousada Solar Dos Ventos
- 4 star – Pousada Solar de Loronha
- 3 star – Pedras Seca Hotel
- 3 star – Pousada Estrela do Mar
Amazon Cruise Options
- 4 star – Iberostar Grand Amazon – All inclusive cruise and floating luxury hotel where you can explore nature’s most remote places without having to leave comfort behind.
Amazon Jungle Lodge Options
- 5 star – There are no 5 Star Jungle Lodge Options in the Brazilian Amazon
- 4 star – Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Tariri Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Uakari Jungle Lodge
- 3 star – Juma Amazon Jungle Lodge
Brazil Vacation Package – Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Praia do Forte, Fernando de Noronha and Amazon – Tour Options
Rio de Janeiro Tour Options
- Corcovado (the Christ statue) and Tijuca Forest Jeep Half Day Tour, including Cosme Velho Station, Vista Chinesa (Chinese Lookout point) and Mesa do Imperador (the Emperor’s Table) with stops at the São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Sunset at the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Day tour of the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain)
- Hot Spots Tour including Santa Teresa and Chacara do Céu Museum
- Day tour of Rio beaches
- Sugarloaf Tour with panoramic view of Copacabana, Ipanema, and stops for photos
- Half Day Tour of Guanabara Bay in a fishing boat – begins at the Marina da Glooria with stops at Flamengo and Boa Viagem beaches, Contemporary Art Museum and Cobra Island
- Day tour of Arraial do Cabo and Prainha Beach
- 4 Wonders Tour of Rio with lunch – Sugar Loaf, Christ Statue, Botanical Gardens and Tijuca Forest including Cosme Velho station, São Sebastião cathedral and Maracanã Stadium
- Full Day Tour Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande with Buffet Lunch, fishing boat tour, swimming in the Blue Lagoon, Santana Church and Ponta da Piedade beach
- Imperial Tour of Petrópolis – Serra dos Órgãos National Park, Imperial Museum, São Pedro de Alcântara cathedral, Santos Dumont museum and walk through Tereza street
- Buzios Day Tour with Lunch – fishing boat tour with stops at João Fernandes, Ilha Feira and Tartaruga beaches and walk through the famous Pedras Street
Salvador Tour Options
- Full Day Salvador City Tour featuring Pelourinho, the Mercado Modelo (handcraft market) and other historical sites. This tour includes a typical Bahian lunch
- Folkloric Dinner Show at UNESCO World Heritage seafront Solar da Uniao Fort
- Afro-Brazilian Culture, Capoeira and Berimbau Classes
- Bahia Folkloric Ballet Show with or without dinner
Praia do Forte Tour Options
(these tours can also be done as day tours from Salvador)
- 4-Wheeler tour through Atlantic Forest with a river stop
- Canoe trip down the pristine Imbassai River
- Typical Bahian lunch at fisherman village Diogo
- Horseback riding tours
- Sauipe River Catamaran tour
- Sauipe Adventure Expedition
Fernando de Noronha Tour Options
- Buggy rentals (most automobiles on the island are sand buggies)
- Scuba diving for certified divers and beginners
- Trekking trail to Sancho bay to Dolphins viewpoint
- Spinner Dolphin Boat tour
- Horseback ride choice of along beaches or through mountains
- Island Jeep tour
- Acqua sub – snorkeling tour while being pulled behind a boat
- Snorkeling with sea turtles
Amazon Jungle Lodge Tour Options
(tours may vary according to your lodge and season)
- Upon arrival your guide will explain all the many tour options offered at your Jungle Lodge
- Jungle night trek looking for giant spiders and fluorescent fungus
- Jungle treks to see flora and fauna with demonstrations of survival techniques
- Full day Forest Trip with emphasis on wildlife
- Full Day Amazon River Trip to view the meeting of the waters – Amazon River and the Rio Negro
- Fishing trip & Pink Dolphin sighting, bird watching and alligator spotting
- Walking trails through the flooded forest (during the rainy season – boat trips)
- Native Indian Harpoon fishing techniques
- Trip to Igapos (flooded jungle) and Igarapes (streams) in motorized canoe for fishing and to see a variety of wildlife
- Paddling trips in dugout canoes to see birdlife and fauna
- Trip to visit a local river in a Caboclo village
- Visit to local Research Institute
- Jungle night trek looking for nocturnal animals and insects
- Canoeing the Rio Negro riverbanks
- Nocturnal sightseeing at Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Tour on Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Hiking the mainland jungle
- Recreational Piranha Fishing
- Sunrise contemplation
- Camping overnight in the jungle to experience the Amazon by night
- Fishing and survival trips, such as learning how to make your own blow gun
Manaus Tour Options
- City tour including the Manaus Theater and Opera House, Dock area, municipal port market (a replica of the old Les Halles market in Paris) and a choice of either the Native Indian Museum or the Museum of Natural History
- Full Day Amazon River Trip to view the meeting of the waters – Amazon River and the Rio Negro
- Tour Options Aboard the Iberostar Grand Amazon Cruise Ship
- Motorboat ride through Lago do Risco, Lago de Santa Rita do Raman and Island Santa Cruz
- Party Festa dos Bois
- Motorboat ride through an Igarape and Trekking
- Visit to archeological site
- Workmanship and Indian’s traditions
- Visit to the Guaraná fields in Maué
- Folkloric Show The Legend of the Guaraná
- Piranha fishing
- Visit to the Meeting of the Waters
- Presentations: Amazon Forest, Ecosystems, Local habits and Folklore, Amazon fishes
- Meeting the famous pink dolphin