PANTANAL is the largest floodplain of the planet, and UNESCO declares the place as World Heritage and Biosphere Reserve, the true wildlife sanctuary of South America.
Located the center of the continent, with an area of approximately 150.000 km², Pantanal consists of a transition area, containing elements of Cerrado, the Amazon and Atlantic forests, of Paraguayan Chaco and Caatinga. Such fantastic biodiversity includes approximately: 698 species of birds, 80 species of mammals, 26 of fish and 50 of reptiles.
Among this unique and rare biological diversity is the Araras Pantanal Eco Lodge (16º30’42,3” South latitude; 56º42’39,4” West longitude). Built in perfect harmony with its surroundings, it has its access assured throughout the year through the Transpantaneira Park Road, only 132 km (82 miles) south of Cuiabá (Capital of Mato Grosso) in approximately two hours.
From this self-sustainable lodge, you will have the opportunity to perform excellent birdwatching, walk on trails in primary forest and on suspended walkways over wet areas, practice canoeing, explore fields and forests on horseback, take day and night photo safaris in appropriate vehicles, and much more, everything with the permanent assistance of naturalist guides, specialized and fluent in several languages.
- 19 suites with silent, split-type air conditioners, ceiling fans and net-protected windows.
- Porches with comfortable armchairs and hammocks.
- Swimming pool with a covered adjoining area for meals.
- Reading and Conference room.
- Bar and Restaurant.
- Souvenir shop.
- Three observation towers.
- Fully equipped room for double occupancy.
- Room with two single beds to host two people with every comfort.
- Family suite to accommodate parents and two children.