This cruise package will take you from Manaus up the Amazon river and back to Manaus for a 4 night visit of the Amazon. This luxury ship will take you on an exciting cruise along the Amazon, the world’s greatest river.
Departing from Manaus, that has one of the largest and busiest dock areas in Brazil, the Iberostar Grand Amazon stops at several points along the amazing Amazon jungle, and offers excursions on small boats to explore the dense and virgin vegetation.
You and other adventure seekers will come into contact with the most exuberant species of trees, plants, exotic animals and the local river communities, friendly and hospitable people. A paradise for those who like adventure with all the comfort of a five star hotel.
You will enjoy a varied entertainment program, day and night, including dance with an orchestra, as well as entertainment shows, theme parties, field trips and dance and ecological classes of the local fauna and flowers during your journey to the Amazon.
You also have a opportunity to do three and seven days cruise on board the IberoStar Grand Amazon.
Transportation IN and OUT from Manaus airport to the vessel and tours in private vehicles with English speaking guide.
Easy to moderate. Tropical weather and direct sunlight demands sun protection and plenty of fluids.
Any group size.
Tourist activities on ground with our specialized guides.
Please limit your total jungle gear to the following:
- 1 rain suit (jacket & pants) or poncho.
- 1 jacket/windbreaker (rainjacket) can double for this) and/or sweater/sweatshirt.
- 2 long cotton or other lighter pants.
- 2 long sleeve, tight-weave cotton shirts.
- 1 pair of shorts or bathing suit.
- 1 wide brim hat for sun and rain.
- 2 bandanas.
- 1 pair of lightweight hiking boots.
- 2 pair of tennis shoes or similar (Bring at least 1 old pair that can get dirty)
- Underwear, socks. (Note: Use subdued colors in the jungle, as bright colors may scare wildlife. Long sleeves and long pants are very important for protection from sun and insects.)
- Binoculars - a must.
- Plastic water bottle (1 qt.)
- 1 towel (thin, quick drying) Toilet kit.
- Personal first aid kit.
- 6 large plastic bags or stuff sacks (to compartmentalize clothes, laundry, wet items within your duffel).
- Flashlight with spare batteries. Pocket knife. Sunglasses.
Camera gear and film Hand lens. Make sure that you pack several plastic bags to protect camera equipment from sudden downpours during outings or canoe trips. Reading material, journal. Tape recorder for recording jungle sounds. Cord (clothesline, repairs, shoelaces, etc.) Drying agent or silica gel to pack inside your camera case
- The departure time for all cruises is at 6 p.m.
- The arrival time at the pier on the day of disembarkation is at 8 a.m.
- Children under the age of 15 years old are not accepted on board.
- Baggage allowance is two bags per person.
- The following documentation is required - American citizens must have a valid USA Passport and a visa for entry into Brazil. Passports must be valid for a period of six months of the date of return to the USA.